Save Me

I lay silently on the floor shaking. Cameron raped me. I still can't believe it as I lay curled in a ball in the corner. I felt like he broke a dam inside me forcing himself inside and slowly ripping my innocence apart with his rough strokes.

Soon I stopped writhing under him and just left. I was no longer there. Not physically but mentally. I wasn't in this gym, I wasn't beneath this boy, I wasn't in my body. I was at the park with Chance laughing under our favorite weeping willow tree.

I could visualize the sagging limbs of the tree emitting shade around us. I could picture rolling about under it telling Chance all my secrets. I imagine things being smooth and easy with my best friend by my side.

My hand compulsively reached for the locket around my neck that held this memory. I thought to myself as my fingers stroked the heart shape and traced the outline.

What if Cameron comes back? What if he hurts me again? What if Chance can't find me? What if Chance isn't even looking?

I shook my head as if I could literally remove the thoughts from my mind. The hand tightly holding the locket  released itself to wrap around my waist and the other arm moved under my head to provide some sort of cushion for the cold floor. I had begun to cry quietly when I heard the sound.

Every sound within the pitch black gym was magnified in my ears. The early dawn light crept through the windows illuminating shadows around the room. Another creek in the weak gym tiles sent my head flying in the direction of the stairs so fast I could've caught whiplash.

I slowly got to my feet, knees still wobbly after Cameron violated my body. The chain around my ankle dragged at this movement and I cursed silently under my breath. I heard a shuffle of feet leave the stairs and travel to the window. The boarded windows let in just enough light for me to make out the silhouette of a couple boys. At first I thought Cameron had returned with friends to gang bang me and couldn't muster enough courage to confront the shadowed figures.

"Katie?" a hushed voice floated to my ears. I quickly decoded who it was and ran over.

"Chance!" I yell-whispered and half ran half limped over to him.

He caught my frail, hurt body in his arms and held me close. I was unaware of the tears falling from my eyes to stain his shirt. His honey flower scent hugging me with familiarity and I hugged back tighter.

"Oh Chance," I sobbed into his shoulder. " I thought you wasn't gonna come." The words were chocked out and mixed with the sounds of my crying.

"Shush. Its alright Kay. I'm here. I'll always be here." he said soothingly smoothing out my tangled hair.

"Oh my god Katie! Are you okay? You were limping." another familiar voice rang out letting me know who else was with him.

"I-I umm... Cameron h-he raped me." I sputtered diverting my eyes to the floor although Jacob probably cant see me too well in the light anyway.

"I'd outta punch his lights out." Jason whispered punching his other hand with his fist.

"I'd outta kill him." Chance said his voice laced with hatred.

I tensed in his arms pulling away. I stood there hands behind my back thanking god for their appearance.

"Come on, we're getting you out of here." Chance said after a beat of silence.

"But my shackles." I said lifting my leg and gesturing towards my ankle.

"Shit." Jacob cursed. "How we gonna get that off?" he asked.

In that moment the lights of the gym flicked on. I stared wide eyed at the control room that turned the lights on.

" How 'bout using this key?" Cameron stalked out and I cringed away.

All the boys got defensive, ready to attack Cameron. He took a step closer and called to me.

"Get over here bitch." he ordered harshly.

I didn't budge. I seen Chance begin to lunge at him but Jake and Jason held him back and whispered "not yet".

" I said get over here now bitch." he ordered once again this time raising a gun that I hadn't noticed before.

I took a moment to look at Chance.

"Don't make me ask again." he said turning off the safety on the weapon.

Chance gave a barely noticeable nod and I limped in the direction of Cameron. When I got there he held my leg and used the key to unbuckle the cuff around my leg. Once it was off I immediately tried to run back to Chance but his grip tightened making me fall hard on my already bruised face. The boys all jumped at this but kept their distance due to the gun.

"Uh uh uh. Not so fast love." he taunted, yanking me up by my hair and placed the barrel of the gun to the back of my head.

The cold metal on my head reminded me of how real the situation was.

"No!" Chance reached out to stop him.

"We're going to leave and you're not going to follow." Cameron said slowly.

He slowly backed away with me in toll.

"No." Chance said again this time it came out as a whisper as he came closer.

Cameron aimed the gun at him, reaching over my shoulder. I closed my eyes and shook my head hoping that Chance won't push him.

"Stop or I'll shoot." Cameron ordered but Chance didn't comply.

Cameron quickly shot a fire sprinkler on the ceiling making water rain down among us, creating the perfect diversion. In one swift motion, he picked me up and ran outside the school to a car. Bailey was in side waiting to start the car. He threw me in the back seat and jumped in front. Bailey peeled away from the curb driving like a mad woman.

I spotted her cell phone that fell on the back seat floor and smiled to myself. I laid across the seats and knew just how to help.

I peeked out the back windshield at the boys, who just made it outside. I watched them punch things in anger and I  hoped that when they came again, that this time they will save me.