Blackout

When Cameron, left the party continued. No one really understood what his out burst was about except me. I attempted to go after him but Blossom stopped me. She told me she would take care of it.

"We gotta talk, now Kay"Chance said over the music

The game of spin the bottle went on but Chance dragged me away and upstairs to a bedroom. There was a couple making out on the bed and he kicked them out locking the door behind them. I took a seat on the bed and avoided looking at Chance completely. After a long silence he finally cut to the chase.

"OK what the hell was that?" Chance asked me sounding rather calm.

"Umm... Cam being mad at me or the kiss?" I said not wanting to talk about either.

"Start with Cameron." he ordered rather than asked.

"Ok so a few weeks ago Cameron tried to kiss me and I told him no... But then I kissed you in front of him and I guess he kind of lost it. I'm sooo sorry I didnt tell you." I said quickly trying to explain the secret I've been keeping from my best friend.

"It's ok Katie he'll get over it." he said sitting on the bed and pulling me into his lap. I hugged him and hoped that the hug conveyed how sorry I was for what happened. When I realized I was sitting in his lap I lifted my head off his chest and looked up at him.

"And about the kiss..." I said trailing off.

"It was amazing." he finished for me.

"Yea. Did you feel the f-"

"Fireworks? Yea that was the first time I ever did." Chance finished cutting me off.

"How come you wont date anyone?." he asked all of a sudden.

"Because."

"Because what?"

"Because when I love people they get hurt." I said looking off in the distance.

"You okay?" he asked eyeing me skeptically.

I didnt respond for a long time and began to get up after I said yes.Once I made the move to leave Chance held me tighter.

"What happened to you Kay? Every time boyfriends come up you zone out. Tell me what it was, did he hurt you or something?" Chance asked not taking no for a answer. I knew I had to tell him. A single tear slid out my eye and rolled down onto his shirt.

"Chance I...I..I cant breathe." I said leaning over and hyperventilating.

I struggled to allow the air to come into my lungs. Chance began rubbing my back softly attempting to calm me down. I heard him make a call just before I blacked out.