Kick Ball

Cam continued to hold my hand as we walked to gym and people started whispering about it.

"You could let go of me now. People are getting the wrong idea." I told Cam who seemed to be used to the gossip.

"Sorry." he said and shoved his hands in his pockets.

It got quiet and I took the time to observe him. Cameron had baby blue eyes and hair that made you want to run your hand through it. His face was free of blemishes and was tanned. He looked down and caught me watching. I looked away automatically and my face turned a bright pink.

"Enjoying the view?" he asked chuckling.

"Until you started watching back." I said laughing.

"Well you could enjoy the view some other time 'cause we're here." he said gesturing to the double doors in front of me.

"Thanks Cam." I hugged him "See you later." And I began going through the doors.

"I'll make sure of it." he yelled after me and I shook my head smiling.

*****

I quickly switched into pink gym shorts and a matching sweater then tied my hair back in a tight ponytail. Have to be stylish every where I go right? I tied on my white sneakers and jogged into line with the other girls.

"Today, ladies, we have new girl joining us." a man in a track suit boomed from across the room. "Katie Melendez, please step forward"

I Took a step out of line and waved to everyone.

"Hi guys" I said sounding too cheery.

The coach walked towards me.

"I am coach Keith, you can call me Keith or simply coach." he yelled although I was right next to him.

"Yes sir" I yelled back and some girls giggled.

The coach laughed. "I like you I'll let you pick the game today." he said chuckling.

"Umm kickball?" I said hoping I didnt disappoint the girls.

"Great your team captain. Serena your another one." he yelled searching the line for her.

Great. I thought.

We took turns picking out girls until we each had a team. I immediately began to strategize while Serena tried to look pretty.

I kicked first and hit a home run. I returned to home base and saluted my fellow team mates. They smiled at me and I felt like I would easily fit in here.

"Hey so your the one that stole Serena's boyfriend?" the girl ahead of me asked.

"I didn't steal anything." I replied annoyed by the rumours.

"Sorry that wasnt a very good way to say hi. I'm Blossom." she said offering a hand to shake.

I took it. "Katie" I said catching my breath.

"I know." she said smiling. "What do you have next?"

" Math hopefully without Serena."

"Dont worry shes not there I have math too."

I think I'm gonna like this blossom chick.