The Motorcycle

I walked into Katie's house frantically helping her search for her mother. After searching the house Kay called her mom on the phone to make sure she was safe. I remembered Cameron said something about my motorcycle. I told Katie I was making a call and walked to her room. I dialed the number still a little in shock from the confrontation that just took place.

"Dad?" I asked, my voice braking.

"Yea? What happened?" a worried voice replied.

"Can you check my bike- Don't get on it just turn it on and start it." I said gulping thinking only the worst for what Cameron could have done.

Dad did as I said and I heard his feet shuffling as he stepped back to observe. I gazed out Kay's window while I waited for the information.

"Chance the bike is fine. Why are you so wo-" he was quickly cut off by a loud explosion in the back ground. I heard feet pounding the floor boards as Katie ran into the room.

"Dad! Dad! Are you okay?!" I asked praying for an answer. There was silence followed by two coughs.

"I'm Alright." my dad finally responded.

"We're coming back." I stated then hung up.

I turned to face Katie. Her eyes were wide and she had the look of a dear caught in headlights. An envelope hung in her hand.

"What the hell was that big ass boom coming from down the road?" she asked first.

"That was the sound of 2 years of working with my father on a motorcycle going down the drain." I replied holding my head in my hands.

"I'm so sorry I got you involved in this Chance." She said fiddling with the envelope.

"It's not your fault Kay. Whats that in your hands?" I said gesturing towards the pink paper.

"I found it on the floor by the door. I think its from Cam. Could you read it with me?" She said nervously.

I thought about her request. I was already in the middle of this. It's actually partially my fault that we're in this predicament.

"Sure." I said pulling her down next to me on the bed.

She opened the letter...

Dear Katie,

The War Is In Motion.

She quickly flipped over the paper as if there were more.

"That's it? What the hell is that suppose to mean?" she said dramatically.

"I don't know but I'm gonna find out. Just go check on your mom and anyone else you care about, make sure they're safe. I'm going back home to see how much damage was done." I said turning on my heel and walking out the door.

I turned back getting one last look at her. Sadness and worry filled those sea green eyes of hers. I know she thinks it's her fault. Its written all over her face. It's nobody's fault though. If anything it's mine, I shouldn't have kissed her.

"It'll be alright Kay just stay home." I sighed and ran to my house.