Chapter Four

Waking up this morning, I found myself on the floor, tangled to the sheets. I let out a loud groan as I untangled myself. When I got up to walk, I gasped as a surge of pain ran through me. My legs were sore from the walk back from the club yesterday.

With the way I felt, I must've looked horrible. I discovered I was right when I looked into the bathroom mirror. I opened the curtains to check if Chloe was in her bedroom but I saw no signs of her. She'd probably gone grocery shopping with her mom or perhaps gone to see him.

I lightly spritzed my hair with water, packed it into a ponytail, and brushed my teeth before heading down for breakfast.

I heard dad humming a tune to himself and immediately broke into a smile because he was getting it all wrong. He seemed like he was having a good morning which was weird because he wasn't a morning person.

"Morning dad" I said as I strolled into the kitchen.

"Morning sunshine" He replied as he continued humming. He tossed me a box of cereal and a plate. I gave him a grateful smile before helping myself to breakfast.

** ** **

It was afternoon and I was bored. Dad had an emergency at the office and he had to leave in a hurry. I lay sprawled on the couch, my phone within eyesight. All morning, I'd been checking to see if Chloe was back. When my phone started to ring, I eagerly reached for it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello" I said gingerly into the phone, expecting it to be Chloe.

"Hey Annie" I heard Jace said enthusiastically from the other end.

"Oh, it's you Jace" I said, sounding less enthusiastic after I'd brought the phone down to check the caller ID.

"Were you expecting someone?" He asked on noticing my sudden change in mood.

"Not really" I said quickly.

"Well, guess what?" He asked. I rolled my eyes before speaking into the phone.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not good at guesses? You of all people should know that, Jace."

"Yeah, right" He said hurriedly before speaking up. "I already got back into the team" He said referring to the football team he got kicked out of, when a fight broke out between him and the captain of the team.

"Great!" I exclaim, truly feeling happy for him.

"Good for you", I continued. "Something good has happened to you this weekend" I said sadly into the phone recalling my fight with Chloe yesterday. The worst thing was not our fight. It was our inability to settle immediately. I started feeling that I was the one at fault. There might have been room for us to settle if I'd been patient enough to wait.

"Yeah..." Jace replied in a prolonged tone. "I heard about your fight with Chloe".

"I guess she told you" was my only reply, giving him audience to talk.

"I tried to talk to her about it, but she didn't budge. She sounded hurt". Yeah, right, and I was here thinking she hurt me.

"Annie, I think you should just try to be the bigger person and apologize to her" Jace concluded, his soft side coming into view.

"I will" I sighed into the phone, already given in.

"Cool, I have to go now, got to catch up with the guys. See you around", he said, hanging up. Seeing as he had gotten back into the team, he'd mostly be busy.

As I heard a car pull up into Chloe's driveway, I hopped off the couch, grabbing my phone with me before heading out.

As Chloe and I are friends, Mrs. Cooper was like a mom to me. On sighting her, I ran to her and gave her a kiss and offered to help her with the groceries. When I got into the kitchen, I met Chloe on her way out. I gave her a smile and handed the groceries over to her. She seemed a little surprised and she failed to reciprocate it. Mrs. Cooper walked into the kitchen then and sensing the tension, she walked over to Chloe and took the grocery bag from her, telling her not to worry and for us to go talk it out.

We walked up to Chloe's room and I made myself comfortable on her bed. She pulled a close chair and sat on it.

We both stared at the floor, each taking a second to spare a quick glance at the other.

"Uhm..." I began, breaking the ice. When she looked up at me, I continued. "I apologize for stalking off that day. I didn't mean to..."

I pretended to clear my throat for the next thing I was going to say. "I thought we shared all secrets with one another and I know it's not a big deal but I also thought you'd still share it with me." I said, my sentences muddled up.

Looking apologetic, she replied. "After talking to you that day, I thought you understood why I kept it from you, yet you stalked off".

She smiled widely before adding. "Besides, I wasn't mad at you for stalking off, I was mad at you because you didn't tell me you met someone". She grinned happily.

"You're one to talk." I replied sarcastically.

"Will you forgive me?" We both asked at the same time.

"Yes, I will". We both chorused again grinning from ear to ear.

"Besties", she shrieked before pulling me into a hug.

"I didn't meet anyone" I replied when we'd calmed down.

"A guy, said his name was Kyle asked where you were, he must had seen what happened." She said, giving me a mischievous grin. I smiled at her. She was one to jump into conclusions always.

"Well there's no problem if you don't like him you can always find someone you like".

Dear diary, Sunday 7:54pm

If mom had met Chloe; would she instantly take a liking to her? Chloe is fun to be with and also a good friend at heart, she's like family to me. No matter what happens, she will always be my friend. What would I do without her? Well, other than sleeping and eating and doing other basic things. I hope we'll be best friends forever!

A/N:

Filler chapter! I know! I tend to get like this sometimes. I've been so engrossed in planning and writing later scenes, that I completely ignored what's supposed to come next. I suck!😂 But I still liked this chapter. Building Annie and Chloe's bond. Bestie bond.😉
I'll do better next time, though. I promise.

Hanie.