Chapter Twenty-Seven

Song of the chapter: Him and I by Halsey ft G-Eazy.

I felt fresh air fan my face and I ran my hand over it. As I cracked my eyes open, I saw that the car windows were open and the car had pulled to a halt. We were in a gas station and Jamie had probably stepped down to refuel.

I picked my phone from my lap to see that it was already late in the afternoon, past three pm. I sighed as I took in my reflection in the side mirror. Pulling out the elastic band holding my hair and tied it up again, this time, getting all loose strands. I saw Jamie walking back to the car and he stopped at my side.

"Do you do nothing other than sleep?" Was his first question, making me glare at him.

"Well, excuse me for taking a nap on the car trip to Japan."

He rolled his eyes at my answer, dismissing me. Eye rolling was supposed to be my thing. What was his problem?

"My mom called to tell me that your dad informed her that you didn't have any breakfast this morning."

I groaned and slapped my head in frustration. If dad didn't stop treating me like a freaking kid...

"So? What does that have to do with you?" I eyed him, sitting back and crossing my arms.

"I'll be in the restaurant down there." He pointed across. "You can sit here while I go get something to eat."

"For myself." He emphasized.

He walked to the other side of the door and pulled it open, winding all the windows closed.

"Are you trying to suffocate me here?" I had to ask.

"There's fresh air outside if you feel suffocated." He responded and turned away, shutting the door. My stomach decided to make a rumbling sound at that moment and I kicked my feet.

"What the hell? He could've just asked me to join him to have lunch." I muttered as I started to open the door.

I pulled the handle but the door didn't come open. He'd locked the door.

"Hey!" I moved to the driver's seat. He'd already strolled to the end of the road and was waiting to cross the road but then he turned to his left, moving out of my view.

"Jamie!" I screamed, banging the window.

"This isn't funny. I swear, I'm going to break your face. Open the damn door!" Threatening him wasn't going to help but I was already panicking. I bet he was hiding behind that truck, laughing his ass out.

"I swear, I'm gonna smash your window if you don't let me out right now." Sweat glistened on my forehead and I felt my heartbeat speed up.

"Please!" I begged, desperate to get out of the enclosed space, breathing hard.

"Jamie!" He suddenly came running round the corner and back towards the car.

The second he opened the door, I flew out like my legs were on fire. I heard him muttering a few curse words but I wasn't paying attention as I moved far away from him as possible. Sweat dripped down my forehead and I was grateful for the lungful of air I took in.

It seemed like he'd given me a minute to cool down because after that, he walked to where I stood.

"Are you fucking out of your mind?" I screamed at him.

"No." He replied back, calmly, almost smugly.

A moment passed and I stared at him like he'd lost it. Was he deliberately trying to kill me? Was he a murderer all this while? Did he find out that I knew of some murders he'd committed? What murders had he committed?