Chapter Thirty-Three

Song Of The Chapter: Dumb blonde by Avril Lavigne ft. Nikki Minaj. This song explains my mood for last week.

"If you think you're doing a good job of avoiding me, I hate to break it to you but you suck at it." He said in an all too happy tone, contradicting his statement.

I looked him in the eye as I gave my response, trying to avoid getting drowned in by the blue swirls in his eyes. "I don't know what you see or how accurate your thinking pattern is but you're wrong." And I scoffed for added effect. "Why would I be avoiding you?

Natasha took that moment to join us as Alexa bounced inside, her phone pressed to her ear. Who was she always on the phone with, anyway?

"Maybe because she was creepily trying to dig up more information about your family?" She came to stand beside Jamie and it was quite obvious that this time, her presence wasn't welcome by the both of us but it didn't stop Jamie from giving me a questioning glance.

I was tempted to turn my back on them to go in but I didn't want her to get that satisfaction. She'd obviously been close when Alexa and I were in the hallway last night. How sad and pathetic was she?

"I don't recall anyone asking for your input in this conversation. Don't you have any other person to go play with?" I didn't want to use the word 'bully' because I didn't want her to get under any impression that she got a reaction out of me.

Jamie ran a hand through his hair as he shot Natasha a glance. "When I'm through talking with Annie, I'll get to you."

His statement came as a shock to me and what made me more surprised was the use of my actual name by Jamie. The look on Natasha's face was priceless.

I shot her a smirk but at the same time didn't know how to respond to Jamie about why I'd been avoiding him.

I cleared my throat when I saw that despite Jamie's works, Natasha refused to budge from her position but then, what I said next surprised me more.

"I didn't know Nicole wasn't your real..."I clamped my mouth shut when I realized what I'd said aloud.

I didn't get any reaction out of him though. If anything, he had no expression on his face at all.

"Alexa told you." Was all he said.

I decided to defend. "Well technically, I was a bit-no, really confused about the whole portrait thing and she kinda gave me a little expo..."

It felt so stupid and awkward with Natasha hovering behind Jamie when this seemed like a fragile conversation.

"It's whatever." I completed, deciding that I'd had enough of the conversation.

This time, he seemed to look a bit annoyed, but I was probably seeing things.

When I had gotten to the door's entrance though, I heard Natasha mutter something to Jamie that made me stop in my tracks.

"All the scary characteristics in a person. She's creepy and has anger issues. Can't blame her. It runs in the family."

I snapped my head back so fast that I almost had whiplash. "What the fuck did you just say?" I questioned harshly but in a low voice. I didn't care if that was going to validate her statement. She'd had it coming and I'd had it up to here with her.

I noticed Jamie's mouth snap shut, probably having to stop with whatever he was planning to give her as a response.

She met my eyes as she snickered. "Woah, she finally removes the stupid pretentious mask she's been wearing all along."

"No, that's not what you're supposed to say, girl. I dare you to freaking repeat what you first said." I glared right back at her, not caring that we had a one-man audience.