Chapter Nineteen

Song of the chapter: Anne Marie- 2002. I'm so in love with this song!

He'd pulled me all the way down to his room when I recovered my sense of speech.

"What the hell?"

I forced my hands out of his now trembling one. He started pacing the room and throwing things out of his way, meanwhile, I was still trying to comprehend what just happened.

"You told your dad that I was your girlfriend?" He didn't respond. He just kept pacing.

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" I yelled.

"Keep your voice down."

He exclaimed as he slowed his pace to a stop and I glared at him, turning to leave. Why hadn't I shoved his hands away that moment he grabbed onto mine? What was wrong with me? It'd been a long night and I needed to collect my thoughts.

"Please don't leave-" He'd moved over to where I was and shot out his arm to grab my hands but he thought better of it and I looked at him in disbelief.

"At least, not until he leaves." Had this guy lost his mind? Did the fight with his dad make him go crazy?

"Oh, yeah, I forgot." He added casually. Your dad called to say you're staying over."

At the news, I sank down to the floor over-dramatically. "Why, why, why?" I chanted all over again as I put my hands over my eyes.

"Why? What do you mean? Is this the first time you're staying away from your dad?" He sounded concerned? What was it with these brothers and their sudden change in attitude? I was sure this was all a dream. It was all so bizarre. Maybe if I went to sleep in my dream, I'd wake up to reality. To the real life before Chloe told me that they were moving and Dad wouldn't have probably met Miranda, right?

"Hey." I felt a light tap on my shoulder.

"Hey. Hello. You there? Are you asleep?" I shot up and my fingers scratched at Jamie's nose.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry. I didn't know-" I stopped talking as I watched him nurse his probably bleeding nose. I had quite sharp nails. He deserved it though even though I hadn't done it on purpose. In fact, I think I'd drifted drifting off to sleep right there. Besides, if he was in my dream, he wouldn't really get hurt. But wait, this wasn't a dream.

"Geez, woman. Are you a cat or something?" I wasn't paying any attention to him because I'd started pacing. Why did dad have to do this to me? I thought he'd take a while at least before he set his rules into motion. I only stopped in my tracks when I saw the blood dripping from his nose and rushed up to him.

"Oh no. There's blood."

"No shit." He replied before heading to the bathroom.

I rushed in after him and took control after snatching the first aid box he dug out from under the sink. His blue eyes glared at me. Well, at least, his glare finally made an appearance tonight after all the weird expressions he'd been sporting since we got up here. After a little hesitation, he finally gave in when I glared at him equally. I cleaned the bruise with disinfectant and he flinched. He looked up at me and then, sighed.

"From all the questions running through your mind, you can ask me two out of 'em".

I stopped abruptly for a second. How had he moved from being that annoying boy to being the one open for questions about his life? I applied the Band-Aid and moved to wash my hands.

"And who says that out of the questions running through my mind, there's one for you?"

He stared at me, his infamous frown coming into view. "Well, I gave you a chance to listen to my explanation."