Chapter Thirty-Two

Song of the chapter: Bite by Troye Sivan

I suddenly felt like I'd known too much about Jamie's personal life and if I went further, I wasn't going to be able to have a conversation or argument with him with a straight face and so, I abruptly let a fake yawn escape from my mouth, hoping that would send a signal to Alexa that I wanted to get to bed as soon as possible.

As predicted, she got the message. "Maybe we can have this conversation tomorrow." And then, she scoffed self conscious. "It's not like it's my story to tell. I just thought that it was something you knew about."

"Yeah, maybe tomorrow." I agreed as we headed back further into the house. We mounted the first flight of stairs together and on the landing, where the floor to ceiling window stood, I could see how peaceful and quiet outside looked from in here.

We walked up to the second floor, with Alexa chattering excitedly about the things we could do together tomorrow since the house was full.

"It's usually so quiet around here and the only time it feels more alive here is when more people are around." She explained and I nodded along, actually picturing how this place would feel if only their grandparents lived there. It was already so quiet now and I figured it'd kind of be similar to how it was now.

When we finally got to the front of my room, I heard a pair of voices, one distinctly belonging to a certain guy I knew and the other, I was guessing was Kyle. As I noticed both guys turn around a corner towards where we stood, I quickly waved Alexa goodnight and before she could utter a response, opened the door, hurried in and locked the door behind me.

**                                              **                                                  **

I woke up tired than I was when I went to bed last night. This was because I'd done some more thorough exploring in the room last night. I'd concluded that the bathroom was my favorite and I'd actually spent longer time taking pictures in there.

When I checked the time on my phone, it read 8:14am and because of how comfortable I felt under the covers on the most comfortable bed ever, I was just starting to drift off to sleep when I heard a knock on the door.

I took my sweet time getting up to get the door because of the thought that it could Jamie and I was convinced that if I didn't respond on time, he'd just leave.

A female voice followed another round of insistent knocking and I recognized it to be Alexa's.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I flung open the door and she bounced in, looking all beautiful in a pretty black mesh top tucked into a short wrap leather skirt that stopped on her mid thigh, the wrap on top slightly longer and slanted from the left of her waist, on the other layer of leather beneath it. Despite the deep V in the center, she pulled off the elegant look, as the top had ruffles running around both upper arms, adjoining with the v, just below the collar bone. She completed the look with a pair of white sneakers, different from the one she'd worn when I'd first met her. I concluded that she had a great fashion sense.

"Good morning." She greeted, flashing a smile so bright, I thought I might go blind. She was such a morning person as opposed to me.

"Good morning." I stifled a yawn as I sat beside her on the bed where she'd settled down already.

"How was your night here?" She inquired and I smiled wider now.

"Not bad." I tried. "Amazing. This place is cool."

"That's great. I wish you'd visit more often. Do you think we should live here together after high school? This house, I mean." She chattered and then, paused tilting her head.