Chapter Twenty-Nine

Song of the chapter: Forever by Justin Bieber ft Post Malone, Clever. I don't think I can ever get tired of this song. :D

Her round framed glasses almost fell from her face as they both embraced each other. Once again, I stood awkwardly, moving from one foot to the other as I waited impatiently for their display of affection to be over. Could someone just show me in already? Even though, my attention kept moving to her perfect red hair and how smart she looked with the glasses. It looked like one of those that fitted celebrities well and indeed, it fitted her round face, tiny rose red lips and tiny nose so well.

"We finally meet again." She reached out to ruffle Jamie's hair and with a grin on his face, he snatched her hand and ruffled her hair instead, to her dismay. This was looking all too personal to me and I wondered for the hundredth time why I was here.

"Who else would I drive all the way down here for if not you, milady." He gave a mock bow and I almost scoffed at how ridiculous he sounded.

"Mrs. Willows will be happy to hear about it." She commented dryly and he laughed. It seemed like he was too eager to touch her hair again but this time, she was quick to act by slapping his hand away and patting her seemingly perfect hair down.

It was only then her attention was fully drawn to me and I was surprised at how big her smile grew, dimples dipping in on her right cheek and she looked adorable. It made me feel instantly relaxed. She was a bit shorter than me but she looked about my age.

"You must be Belle." She beamed but it still looked so elegant on her. I almost gritted my teeth at having to say my full name because of a certain someone sporting a smirk on his face beside me but the girl looked eager to speak.

"I'm Annabelle but many people call me Annie." I silently added in my head, 'please do'.

"You should know Mrs. Willows has a thing for addressing people by names they aren't so familiar with. It's like she gets a kick from it." She chuckled and I laughed. "Seems like she gets kicks from most things."

"Jamie, how could you be so rude as to not introduce us the first thing when I got here?"

He scoffed and eyed her. "I wasn't the one so eager to run all the way up here just to give you a hug-"

She waved him off, smirking to show that she knew he hated being cut off mid-sentence. The smirk showed quite a resemblance though.

"I'm Alexa, Jam-jam's cousin." She said, confirming my recent suspicion.

"What the hell? We agreed not to use those nicknames anymore." He glared at her. Was that a look of embarrassment I spied on his face? I took that as my cue to chuckle. I liked this girl already.

"Hey Alexa, I have a feeling we're going to be best friends." I joked as she held out her elbows dramatically for me to hold onto.

"Come on, I'll tell you all about jam-jam. Trust me, that'll be your favorite weapon to use against him." She stuck out her tongue childishly at him and glaring at me, he stomped ahead of us.

"For you to be here, I'm sure you've learnt how to put up with his brooding personality?" She asked but it sounded more like a statement than a question.

"Barely." I mumbled but we were distracted by the door opening when Jamie gave a loud knock. The tall, heavy wooden door with intricate patterns and at the top panel, colored glass panes of amber blue and pink in a geometric design stood directly before us and after a breath, it came open.

"Mr. Seth McAfee." Alexa introduced the man I'd met outside earlier as we stepped inside.

"Annabelle." The man finished off for her and I gave a small smile. Jamie was to blame and then, my mother for even daring to think of such a name. I didn't care if she didn't know that few years after my birth, there was going to be a horror movie making a debut with that name. I shook my head as the dream about mom this morning resurfaced again and I remembered the uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach.