Chapter Nine.

"Hey!" The guy who had been talking to Mr Arrogant was Kyle. He walked up to us, either not sensing the tension or deciding to ignore it.

      "Annie, right?" I couldn't hold back the glare that I shot him. I was feeling a lot of emotions right now. Anger, hurt, confusion, hatred.

      Anger, hurt and confusion, all directed towards Jace. Same anger and then, hatred, at taat asshole that just moved next door. Everyon  of them just kept staring at me, maybe anticipating my next action because I was so sure my face was mirroring the strongest of those emotions; anger.

      Take a deep breath. I remembered my mom used to tell me this.
To hell with that thought! She had no right to tell me what to do. Not even in my head! Oh my God! I was losing my mind.

      The only person that didn't seem to look scared of my expression was that asshole. He just had a bored look on his face.

      I turned to look at Jace who had staryed scuffing his sneakers on the floor, with his head down. When I spoke, he looked up.

      "Do you care to explain what the hell you're doing here and why the fuck you're ignoring me?"

      "Pretty colorful." I heard Mr Arrogant say as he began to walk towards the car parked outside.

      "Can't recall asking for your contribution." I retorted.  He opened his mouth to speak again but Chloe's voice rang through.

      "Annie!" She ran up to me. When she got close to me, she whispered, "That's my neighbor. Told you he was hotter than Nick Jonas." Sometimes, I just wished I could strangle Chloe. At times like this, she deserves an award for the worst best friend ever. To get this straight, Chloe was bad at whispering. She was horrible at it.

      I heard the asshole snort behind me. "Pig." I muttered. Pun definitely intended. Kyle went behind him, shooting me an unsure look. I don't blame him; after all, I shot him that glare. Chloe already saw Jace and was talking to him, completely oblivious to what just happened. He wasn't giving her proper responses. He only nodded and shook his head in reply. It was obvious that I was the one he had a problem with, though. He walked to the car without giving me a second glance and Chloe's hot neighbor followed. They got into the car and Jace drove.

      "What's wrong?" I was asking if he could drop you off-" She stopped talking and took my face in her hands. "You look so red!" She exclaimed. "That's because I'm mad." I said, louder than necessary. Was she always this oblivious to things like this or was she always pretending?

      "Thanks for today." I told her quickly. "I'll go from here." I walked to the bus stop and sat down. As much as I hated to listen to what my mom said, I took a deep breath. Did it work? No, it didn't and I fucking hated that I listened to her!

      When I got home, Dad wasn't back yet. I went straight to my room and got into the shower.

      Since mom left, anger had been one of my biggest problem, and the hardest emotion to control. I had appointments with a psychologist for about a year and when it looked like it wasn't working, I stopped. My psychologist had always told me to let my feelings out, even if no one was around to listen. She bought me a journal as a gift and also a voice recorder so that I wouldn't feel crazy talking to myself. Dad was almost never around and even though he was, I wouldn't want to bother him. He already had enough stress from work.

      I got out of the shower and dried myself. My windows were shut and the curtains stayed in their place. One had to be careful especially when they had a guy as a next-window neighbor. I heard the doorbell and I hurriedly threw on a tank top and my pajama pants.