Chapter Thirty

Song of the chapter: Anysong by Zico. I freaking love this song! And the tiktok dance version is even lit! I added a compilation of tiktok videos with the song up there because I couldn't find the one where he danced alone on YouTube.
Ps: Try not to fall in love with my Zico🤐😏😂😪🤣

I stepped into the room slowing as I took in the sight before me. How much money did these people have exactly?

I realized I’d been holding my breath and I had to breathe out only when I heard the door close gently behind me. The room was luxurious and it looked like a separate living quarters on its own to me.

The queen sized bed stood elegantly with its back to the wall at the center of the room with two bedside tables on either sides, a velvety foot seat the same texture and dark brown color as the bed frame. Instead of wood, it was velvet.

Two sofas the same color, with a small cloth, the same type as the bedspread was draped over the back of one of the sofas but all these weren’t what left me gaping. It was the floor to ceiling glass door behind the sofas.

I walked over as if entranced, touching the cold glass, and noticing the balcony that overlooked the hills. The view was terrific from here.

I stood there for a while, unmoving until I realized that someone else had to see this. I had to take a picture or I would be so bad at describing with my words to Chloe.

I noticed then that I hadn’t brought anything in here with me except my phone and I face-palmed myself. How could I be so stupid as not to ask of my things. They’ll probably know how stupid I am now. That could wait, though. I thought as I put my phone’s camera to video mode.

I looked around the room again in awe as I held my phone up. There was a large flat screen tv placed on a shelf opposite the bed and to the left side of the shelf, there was a big flower pot with a plant I couldn’t recognize in it below.

In between the shelf’s frame also below was a purple and black abstract painting. Two glass ornaments, one orange, the other, yellow, stood on the mantel, right beside the tv. I made a mental note to never go near that. Who knew how much that could cost?

The room was painted like the others I’d seen here but the blue sky outside made it look different. The cream colored carpet was made of fur and it covered every inch of the floor.

There was a little lobby and I followed it into the inner part of the room revealing a room on the left that looked like it was meant to be a walk-in closet. The cloth racks were empty and so was the shoe rack.

The shelf at the centre was all black, contrasting greatly with the all white feeling of the room.

Opening the drawers, I saw they were empty and then, I dared to wish that I lived here.

When I came out of the little room (even though it was almost as big as my room back at home but I thought it was little compared to the others I’d seen here.), directly opposite was another room and it wouldn’t take a genius to figure out that it was the bathroom. Sure enough, when I turned the brass knob, I was met with the most exquisite bathroom I’d only ever seen on tv.

The light in the bathroom was bright and sterile, but felt surprisingly warm and cozy. I feared the light would highlight the imperfection on my skin when I finally decided to put off my clothes to have a shower.

The granite countertops to the left of where I stood, gleamed and I walked up to touch the cold surface with the hand I wasn’t currently using to hold up my phone. The shiny white basin hung gracefully at the centre and the brass tap gushed with water when I run my left hand under it.