14. His Honour

Vincenzo found the turn of events interesting that night. It was amazing how his life had changed within a few hours. Now he had Terza after waiting so long but there were dark clouds looming. He could feel his grandfather's stare on him and his siblings the whole night. He could guess what could be going on in his grandfather's mind but his siblings couldn't imagine it. The only thing Vienna and Viggo knew about their grandfather was his name and the fact that bodyguards were protecting them from him. Their father was reluctant to talk about him. His name hardly ever came up throughout their lives. To Vienna and Viggo their grandfather's presence in the room didn't mean much. They didn't know much about him so they looked at the situation like a normal family situation. Many kids had family feuds and were forbidden to interact with certain family members. It was no big deal. But of course Vincenzo knew more than he should have to look at the situation as just a feud. He wished his father allowed contact so they could know more about their grandfather but their father was adamant to protect them from him as his reputation was one to be wary of. The notorious Paulo Rosario had done so much in his prime and he had so many secrets. He was not easy to figure out and anyone who dared to underestimate him suffered. Their father admitted it himself that tonight the bodyguards were protecting them from the most dangerous man he had met. It didn't mean much to Viggo and Vienna. They knew all crime lords were dangerous. What was different with their grandfather that they never knew and never missed? But with knowledge came responsibility for Vincenzo. He knew too much. He knew enough to be able to read his grandfather. He was able to imagine what could come next.

Vincenzo after the dinner party was over asked permission from his father to stay longer. He wanted to speak with Emanuelle O'Neil. So Vincenzo remained behind and followed the movements of Emanuelle O'Neil. They retired to their hotel rooms in the building were the Irish were based at. Sterling Johnson hotels were spread out in a large complex so he had scattered people around the buildings in a closed area so they didn't bump into each other much.

Vincenzo followed Emanuelle who separated himself from his family who went to retire for the night to their rooms. He went to the billiard tables in the lounge area that was totally deserted at that time. Vincenzo followed and watched him set up the table for billiard.

Emanuelle glanced at Vincenzo standing at the door with raised eyebrows " Have you lost your way son? This is the Irish building. Unless you are here to play, take your leave son." He then didn't wait for Vincenzo and threw the billiard stick that was in his hand towards Vincenzo who caught it in his hand. He replied " I do play."

O'Neil smiled at him and picked up a billiard stick and nodded at him " Come closer. I don't bite son."

As Vincenzo walked closer he became wary. O'Neil said one thing but his eyes implied another. He wanted to spill his blood. He had just asked his daughter out. He couldn't be happy.

O'Neil watched Vincenzo walk closer and wasted no time. He started an attack on him.

Vincenzo found himself being kicked from behind his knee and he almost lost his balance as Oneil came at him with the billiard stick and he responded.

Oneil didn't need any swords. A billiard stick was enough.

Vincenzo spoke as he was defending himself " Sir. I am not here to fight."

O'Neil chuckled " This is no fight. We are playing son. What's the matter? You don't play this way. Don't you know I don't play nice?"

Vincenzo did not want to attack Terza's father. It felt wrong so he just defended himself. He didn't attack to O'Neils disappointment. O'Neil wanted an excuse to step up the game. After he made Vincenzo work around the room defending himself he stopped and pointed to the billiard table with his hand " You are not playing my way son. So let's hit the table and we can talk. You are here to ask for my permission to date my daughter after you have asked her out. Right? So don't expect a hug from me. Start playing and we talk."