64. Early Visit

Francesco was in his office with his feet up on the desk as he was on the phone while playing with the telephone cord. He had been on a lengthy conversation with Arturo who was away but running his business was as usual. As he was listening intently he saw the door open and he frowned as he saw O'Neil's blonde head popping inside. O'Neil just pushed his way in the room making Francesco looking with a mixture of annoyance and disbelief. The nerve he had was not conceivable. Even Adele did not disturb Francesco in his office often.

O'Neil had of course arrived early and had not obviously taken note of any do not disturb instructions from Francesco's men. O'Neil didn't follow Francesco's rules. But he was pushing it that day.

Francesco pointed to the door snapping his fingers and pointed to the door signalling to O'Neil to leave as he said on the phone "Yes Arturo. I am happy for you to arrange that. I have no objections to you using my side of waters. What's mine is yours in the fight ..." He raised an eyebrow as he watched O'Neil sit across from him on a chair. Francesco sighed and leaned his head back looking at the ceiling "You are right. The Irish May drop by when you least expect it. Appropriate time and place does not apply. He then glanced at O'Neil "And they have no sense of boundaries or borders..."

O'Neil said loudly deliberately for Arturo to hear "But the Irish can drive. They also don't mistake diesel with petrol..."

Francesco shook his head at O'Neil as he spoke "Yes he is in the room... He let himself in... Take no notice... Yes I know it's not a funny joke. He made sure you nearly miss your wedding. Lucky he didn't... No ... I don't think that was all a conspiracy to sabotage your wedding because of Jackson. O'Neil was definitely doing it deliberately to sabotage your wedding for laughs... Yes... He is that mental. He  would have also let you get married in a dyed suit the colour of a rainbow just because he found it funny... You are welcome. Any time Arturo. I knew he would pull that stunt so I had plenty spares with me... Yes he is looking at his watch right now telling me to cut off the phone...."

Just then O'Neil reached over and put his hand on the phone pressing down the buttons making Francesco close his eyes as he heard the beep.

O'Neil said "He obviously knew I was waiting. He wanted to make you remember the day you had to sort out the mess on his wedding day..."

Francesco opened his eyes "The mess you created." He then put the phone down soundly "Don't ever cut off the phone when I am on it."

O'Neil chuckled darkly as he pulled a small bottle of Irish cream whiskey as he crossed his legs "Sure. Don't disrespect my people when you are on the phone." He drank from his whiskey as he said "You look better than yesterday".

Francesco started dialling a number "I need to call Arturo to finish the talk..." but O'Neil put his hand on the phone "Francesco. That can wait... He can call you if he wants to..."

Francesco said "No.  You can wait. Outside... For your turn."

O'Neil said "He is a patient man. He will wait his turn. He knows I am here. Come on Francesco. You just said it yourself. Time and place that applies to your people don't apply to mine... Do you want me to get annoyed?"

Francesco put the phone down " You are taking advantage... You know I wont kick you out of my house...."

O'Neil smiled as he put his whiskey back in his pocket " I know. You don't kick me out... We are going to be family one day." He then watched as Francesco banged his fist on the desk and said " Woah. This desk is family heirloom. Don't damage it... Our grandkids will be sharing stories about how Papa Rosario broke his antique Lincoln era desk... Come on. Don't pretend you don't know your son is intending to propose to my daughter once he turns eighteen..."