22. Invader

Terza was sitting alone at her table drinking a glass of non alcoholic Irish cream when she noticed Jonas O'Kane approaching her. No one else dared come close. She had been sitting with Vincenzo until he had moved to another table for people to go to see him to express their concerns or views in general. Jonas was a close friend to her just like how Cristina was Vincenzo's close friend. Jonas was a special one. He was smart but mysterious too. Tristan was always wary of Jonas. He was sweet but he was an O'Kane. A deadly one too. He was interested in non violent part of his family's business but it didnt mean he was incapable. He was not interested in leadership but it didnt mean he was not able to lead. It was hard to figure him out and maybe that was what pulled Terza to him to make a friendship with him.

Jonas smiled as he took a seat next to her. He didnt even need to ask for permission to sit next to her.

Vincenzo was sitting at his table speaking to Scorpious when he noticed Jonas. He kept the conversation going as he watched him sit next to his Terza. He narrowed his eyes but kept talking while glancing at Terza and Jonas. Terza made eye contact with him smiling and then turning to Jonas. He couldn't believe he dared come that close. The guy was her father's cousin but still it did bother Vincenzo. He was still a male sitting too close to his woman. He was imagining in his many ways he wanted to kill the guy.

Terza put her hand on Jonas's hand that was on the table "Jonas. Why have you come here tonight? I thought your mother doesnt let you out of the house."

Jonas smiled "Terza. I am allowed to leave the house but not alone. I am not here alone."

His cousin called her by her Italian name without a frown. He acted this way unlike his mother and uncles. His uncle Jackson didnt like her name much. He called her Terza but reluctantly and avoided saying her name much. The O'Kane family preferred not to call anyone of irish blood by any their own name unless it had Celtic, English or Irish roots. Her father said that Anna Rosario's love had changed Jackson O'Kane and he was not discriminating against Italians like how his father did. But still they just loved Irish culture.

Terza smiled "I can see. Look at all these bodyguards that you have."

Jonas glanced at Vincenzo at the other side taking in the deadly look he was giving him. He turned to Terza "I heard you have a man now. Do you think its wise to hold my hand?"

Terza said " But you are my father's cousin. He knows there is nothing going on."

Jonas said " He doesn't like seeing a male near his property I bet. He looks like he wants to shoot me."

Terza bit her lip "I am sure you can shoot back. Won't you Jonas?"

Jonas chuckled "Terza. Dont tempt me..."

Terza asked "Really? So you will shoot my man."

Jonas shrugged "I neither confirm it nor deny it ...." He then thought enough was enough. He pulled away his hand from under her grip "You call yourself Vincenzo's territory. I am not here to mess with his territory that's you."

Terza took a deep breath " I don't call myself his territory. That's his name for me. He makes me repeat it all the time. I don't feel like his territory until I have a ring on my finger."

Jonas smiled " So you want to mess with him? Of course. That's you... Now let's move on from the topic. Terza. I need some information."

Terza asked " About what?"

Jonas spoke " Well. My father is working as a journalist now in a newspaper. I managed to get that much out of some police officer once when I ran away from my guards. It's his part time job for now. I need you to get some information for me from him."