26) Thin Air

Question: Do you guys enjoy vkook hybrid stories or werewolf storylines more? (I see so many werewolf and hybrid storylines these days)

°☆ °☆。°☆。°☆

4 years later:

Every moment seemed to matter ten times more now that the blond knew his time on earth was almost up.

It was the same feeling he experienced when he first got here.

Suddenly everything seemed new and special, everything seemed deserving of appreciation and awe.

And he was feeling the same way when he first met the dark haired human, Jungkook, the person he spent most of his time with, the person who defined every part of his human existence.

He felt anxious and afraid. 

Anxious about how little time he had left with the human and afraid that he wouldn't be able to leave when the time came. 

"Taehyung, which company are you deciding to join?" Jungkook asked the blond who was staring out of the window in thought.

Taehyung slowly looked at the raven-haired boy sitting in front of him and smiled. "I'm not sure yet, what about you?"

"How can you not be sure yet? The campus selections are being held tomorrow.

You should have a vague idea of which company you want to join." Hyungwon said as he finished the last of the muffins that they had ordered.

Taehyung shrugged and let out a tired laugh. "I don't know. I should probably go meet Hoseok. You guys continue without me." He said, standing up.

Jungkook frowned at the difference he had been noticing in blond's behaviour for the past few weeks.

Jungkook stood up to follow him.

"Yo! I'm not paying for all of this!" Hyungwon whisper-yelled as Jungkook got up.

"Well, you ate all of this. So you pay." Jungkook snapped, and then left to follow the blond boy out of the cafe.

*:。☆ :*・゜

"Taehyung! Wait up!" Jungkook called, rushing past the people on the sidewalk to try and catch up with the blond boy who was almost out of sight.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook called again as he covered the distance between them.

The blond stopped walking, but made no effort to turn around.

"What is it, Jungkook?" Taehyung asked, looking down and still facing his back towards the brunet.

Jungkook shook his head at a loss of words. "Why're you acting like this?"

"Like what?" The blond retorted, his voice emotionless.

Jungkook looked around the bustling streets filled with people in frustration. "Like a different person! Like you're trying to cut ties with the people around you, as if you'll be leaving somewhere or something!"

Taehyung sighed, but didn't say anything.

"At least look at me! What is it that you're not telling me? I thought we told each other everything." Jungkook said helplessly as he held the blond's shoulder and turned him around to face him.