29) Nightmares

Hey guys sorry I took so long to update, I'm having exams from this week so I may not be able to update too often for some time.

But as soon as they're over I'll be back to updating at least every three days.
:)

°☆  °☆。°☆。°☆ 

It's happening again. Jungkook thought to himself, frantically.

After four years of having peaceful dreams and sound sleep, the nightmares were back.

From the second he recognized the place he was standing in, he felt his skin crawl with a mixture of fear and dread.

He was standing in the garden of the mansion he had grown up in, a place that had long been destroyed by flames of red hot fire.

Jungkook spun around when he heard a little boy's soft cries.

He saw that a few feet away from him there was a brown-haired kid who was cradling the corpse of a puppy and sobbing.

A few seconds later a woman with the same shade of brown hair came rushing towards the boy, kneeling down next to him and asking him what had happened, as she wiped away his tears.

It was only after experiencing an intense sensation of Deja-Vu did Jungkook figure out that he was reliving a memory, and that the woman was his mother.

He saw his younger-self tell his mother something that he couldn't quite hear, which led to his mother releasing a gasp of horror.

She slapped the young boy hard across his cheek, causing a red hand print to appear on the side of his face."Kookie, how could you do such a thing?!" She yelled, looking at the young boy in disgust.

Jungkook didn't have to wait for his younger self's reply because he knew exactly what he said.

"The voices told me to."

At the age of six, he had strangled his own puppy that his mother bought him for his birthday because he heard voices telling him that if he did it he'd feel powerful.

And from what he remembered the voices didn't lie. After he did it he felt like he had control over life and death.

The dream was suddenly shifting and he was now surrounded by thick vegetation and forest.

"It's been a long time, Jungkook. Stop trying to fight us."  voices hissed. "You know you want to feel powerful again, invincible again, stop denying yourself what you desire."

Jungkook shook his head. "This can't be happening." He told himself as he shut his eyes, trying to make himself wake up.

"We can make you stronger than your father even, all you have to do is to let us show you how."

"I don't want to become like my father!" Jungkook yelled out to whatever it was that was talking to him.

The cold wind blew around him making the voice feel like a whisper that touched his ears.

"You're lying." It taunted.

The sharp ring of his alarm woke Jungkook up. He shot up in his bed, blinking hard to make sure he was awake.

He reached for his phone to turn off the alarm when he saw that there was a message for him.

Namjoon: Prepare for mission one. Files are attached.

The brunet held his breath as he opened the first file.

Mission: Gold heist 

Objective: Lose the police

D-day: Tomorrow 

°☆    °☆。°☆。°☆  

When Jungkook entered the room everyone immediately stopped talking.

These were the people he had been on missions with before and once wanted to join, but now he felt nothing of the sort. He wanted to get out of here and get out fast.

Because for some reason with each step he took forward he felt a piece of him slipping further into the darkness he was once shrouded by.

"Jungkook. Nice to see you back here after so long." Jackson, who was sitting at the back said, breaking the pregnant silence.

Jungkook simply nodded, not having anything to say.

"I'm sure you got the files briefing you about your part of the mission?" Jackson asked as he assembled his guns that were laid out on the glass table.

"Yeah. Lose the police."

"Bingo." Jackson said with a smile. "Yoongi, give him the plan."

Jungkook hadn't even noticed the mint-haired boy who was napping on the couch with a pillow covering his eyes.

Yoongi got up with a frustrated sigh. He reached for his laptop and opened a window that displayed a map.

Jungkook walked over to see what it was.

"Team A is going to be in-charge of the heist and the boarding of the gold bars onto the truck. Team B, that's us. We have to make a decoy run to get them off track." Yoongi explained. "Jackson will be driving the decoy truck, whereas you and Mark will be in speed cars to cause havoc."

Jungkook nodded. The plan was simple but he knew the difficulties that came along with speed missions especially within the city.

"I'll be on traffic duty." Yoongi continued. "I still haven't been able to hack into the traffic system yet, but hopefully by evening I'll be able to."

"Okay. So which car am I going to have to use?" Jungkook asked.

"I'm so glad you asked." Mark said, entering the room.

°°☆。°☆。°  

Jungkook let out a slow whistle as the garage gate was opened to reveal a matt black Hennessey Venom GT

The brunet walked over to the car and studied the metallic body. "It's powered by a twin turbo 7.0 Liter V8 engine producing 1,451 bhp." Jungkook said, remembering reading about it before its launch.

Mark nodded. "0-300 km/h in 13.61 seconds, baby!" He said with enthusiasm.

"Let's hope Yoongi gets into the traffic system as fast as he can 'cause if he doesn't, cars will end up being turned over merely by the speed of this bad boy." Jungkook said with a light chuckle.

"There's the old Jungkook humor we've been missing!" Mark said, playfully punching the brunet. "It's good to have you back, Jungkook."

"Only for a little while." Jungkook muttered under his breath, which went unnoticed by the other.

°°☆。°☆。°

A/N: Again, I'm really sorry for the short update. But my exams have been going on, and they'll end only next Friday. After they're done I'll make sure I give you guys extra long chapters.

Sorry for making you wait so long...