37) Melted Gold

°☆。°☆ °☆。°☆

five months later:

"Welcome back to Everyday news.

Crime rates seem to have been increasing everywhere.

Terrorism, gun-violence and bomb blasts seem to have been deployed tenfold in a matter of months, the government doesn't seem to be taking any-"

Hoseok switched off the television, massaging his forehead to lessen a rising headache.

"It's terrifying isn't it?"

The orange haired angel startled at the archangel's voice.

"-The kind of darkness that can get unleashed because of humans."

Hoseok frowned at the statement. "But all this is because of the auras the demons have been spreading."

Seok-Jin dawned a cold smile as he joined Hoseok at the dining table.

"Demons can't completely compel a human, they whisper thoughts and show them images of what-ifs, but the choice of a path that is taken is completely up to humans.

And they choose the dark side, every single time."

Hoseok looked at the older, the harshness burning with his words and the look of contempt in his eyes.

"You don't seem to like humans very much." Hoseok stated, hesitantly.

"I don't. In all the years of service to mankind, I've learned that they tend to snuff out any sort of goodness that comes their way.

As an archangel, it is my duty to protect them, and so I shall, but that doesn't mean I have to like them." Jin stated matter-of-factly.

Hoseok noticed the sober expression that the angel wore and decided not to press further on the subject, something must've happened for the archangel to not be in favor of humans and to speak of them so lowly, but all the orange haired could do was wonder what.

°☆。°☆ °☆。°☆

Taehyung stood on the terrace of the high building, eyes closed as he scanned the auras down below.

He had been training for months now, learning how to fight, to harness his powers and how to read auras.

Everything seemed to have passed in a haze.

The more time he spent training, the weaker the bond between him and Jungkook seemed to grow, and the more he studied the history of angels and demons the smaller the hope of saving the dark haired boy grew.

The white cloak that the blond angel wore rippled against the evening breeze, his hair catching the light of the setting sun, illuminating it with a color of melted gold.

Even though the time that had passed wasn't too long, it was obvious how much the young angel had changed.

There were changes in him that were striking and the others not so much.

In the changes that weren't a standout, the subtlety of it was what made it obvious:

The way he no longer viewed the world with wonder, the way he seemed less wide-eyed and naive, but more aware and calculating, the way he seemed to push himself to train harder than the day before and the way he no longer tried to defend a certain brunet against the archangel, Jin's harsh words.