1.7 "Who Were You Running From?"

Flashback.

Katherine, George and i were walking through the front yard of the Salvatore mansion.

George "i just spoke to Giuseppe Salvatore."

Katherine nodded "Mm?"

George "the roundup happens tonight"

Katherine "good. Insist that they do a body count before the church is set ablaze"

George "i will"

Me "Twenty-seven vampires"

George "once the flames created chaos, crawl to the exit under the choir loft. I'll be there to set you free"

Katherine "Make sure you're not followed. I need everyone to believe that i perished in that fire"

Flashback end.

Stefan "you knew that they were gonna burn the vampires in the church"

He sat back down on the chair in front of me.

I smirked "Katherine lit the match."

Stefan leaned forward "they were your friends. they were your family and you just sold them out"

I shook my head "I never cared for any them "

Stefan asked irritated  "how can you say that? you turned them after all"

I shook my head "i did not turn them.That was all Katherine's doing. She knew i was against it and still she did it. I was never planning on going inside that tomb, Stefan, i was planning on leaving town!."

Stefan "what did George get in return for giving her her freedom?"

Me "something he wanted desperately"

Stefan "so you sent 26 of your friends to their death just to fake her's?"

I just looked at him. 

He shook his head " No, you were running from something.What was it?"

I shook my head, smiling  "i wasn't running from anything, Stefan"

Stefan yelled "Lies!"

I yelled back "I do not run from anything, Stefan! "

He scoffed. 

Me "But Katherine on the other hand, she has made some very powerful enemies over the past 500 years. At some point she had to fake her death, it was only a matter of time. But thanks to you and Damon, her plan nearly failed before it even began. Once George told me that the roundup was imminent i wanted to see you one last time, even though you didn't feel anything for me that night. But when i got to the mansion i saw them carrying her out. "

Stefan "and you just stood by watching the show"

I shrugged "she deserved everything they did to her and do not tell me otherwise"

Stefan asked confused "why do you hate her so much? she's your sister"

Me " Even sibling can reach the point of having enough of each other bullshit.  It'll happen to you and Damon too once you both spent over 500 years together ""

Stefan "you stood there doing nothing while they carried her away."

I nodded "Exactly. Then Damon being Damon, nearly ruined everything. When you and Damon got her out...the others were already looking for me. I was putting my plan to crap by wanting to see you one last time."