1.100 Meeting Elijah

Next day

Next day. morning. 

I got out of my car and looked at the big house in front of me. Elijah's mansion.  I walked to the front door and rang the bell. Elijah opened it and smiled. dressed in a suit like always. 

Elijah "Adelaide, how do i owe the pleasure?"

Me "can i come in?"

He nodded and let me inside.

I walked into the living room and looked around "Nice place"

Elijah "thank you"

I turned to him. 

Elijah "Why are you here? Did something happen between you and Stefan Salvatore?"

I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest "I'm here for you"

Elijah looked surprised "Me?"

I nodded "yes, you. I need to talk to you"

Elijah nodded "of course"

Me "I saw you "

He raised his eyebrows. 

Me "multiple times during my werewolf poisoning"

He asked surprised "Me?"

I nodded "The first time you just stood there. Then there was this dream of you and i getting really close. And you said something."

Elijah "and what?"

Me "you said that i needed to end this one important chapter in my life, to be able to love Stefan like i want to"

Elijah asked confused "What chapter?"

Me "Our chapter, Elijah. Us"

Elijah nodded "what are you going to do now?"

I nodded "Do something i've never done....listen to you"

There was a ghost of smile on his lips. 

I took a deep breath "Meeting you that night at Nik's birthday party was one of the best things that has ever happened to me in my entire life. I wouldn't change it for the world. I don't regret it, i don't regret anything that happened between you and me. But it's time to move on. What we once had was beautiful but i'm about to have something amazing and i don't want to lose it."

He nodded. 

I pleaded " please tell me you can understand my decision"

He nodded "i do"

Me "You came into my life when i needed you the most and i love you for that, Elijah, believe me. And you have to believe me that this is not something i want to do but i have to, Elijah"

He nodded.

Me "Nik is planning something with the doppelgängers with Elena and Me.  Maybe he wants us for hybrids but in order to use us, he will have to turn us into humans. Turning me human, Elijah. I'm not doubting my feelings for Stefan but there's one thing I'm scared off"

Elijah "your feelings for me"

I nodded "i fell in love with you when i was  human, Elijah, if Nik finds a way to turn me back into one then.."

Elijah "...you won't know who your heart will beat for. Stefan or me"

I nodded "I know i want Stefan but i don't know if my human self wants him too "

He looked down "There's something you should know"

I looked at him confused. 

He looked at me "Niklaus' thoughts on turning you back into a human may not be as impossible as you might think"

I raised an eyebrow "you're not saying what i think you're saying, right? "

Elijah "as much as i hate disappointing you.... There's a chance for him to turn you into a human"

Me "and how exactly does he think will he do that?"

Elijah "With a cure. A cure for vampirism"

My jaw dropped "What?"

Elijah "It's just a myth but Niklaus obviously believes in it."

I sat down on the sofa "obviously"

Then i breathed out shocked "oh my god"

Elijah nodded.

I looked at him and shook my head "i don't want to be human, Elijah, i can't be human again"

He nodded  "i know"

My voice cracked "I love him, Elijah, i do love him"

Elijah nodded hurt "i know that too"

I sighed "i'm so sorry, Elijah, i didn't mean to-"

Elijah nodded "it's okay. it's okay. don't worry about it"

I let a tear roll down my cheek. 

Elijah walked closer to me, kneeled down in front of me and wiped it away. 

He put a hand on my cheek "I will always love you, Adelaide"

I let out a shaky breath "don't make this harder than it already is, please, Elijah"

Then I stood up and walked to the front door. 

Elijah "Adelaide"

I turned to him. 

Elijah stood up "i know you will do the right thing. Because if Nik finds that cure and turns you human again..."

I nodded "i know"

Elijah "if what you said is true then this doesn't need to be painful for any of us. Especially not for him. I'll respect your decision and I hope you know what you have to do next"

I nodded "goodbye, Elijah"

Elijah "goodbye, Adelaide"