1.48 Failed Hybrids

Next day

Next day. At the Smoky Mountains.

We were walking up the mountains. Stefan was carrying an unconscious Ray on his shoulders.

Nik " You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?"

Stefan " I'm fine."

Nik raised an eyebrow " You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down-"

Stefan "You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great."

Nik "So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend."

Stefan " Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer."

Nik " Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There."

We stopped. There was a camp in front of us. Stefan walked inside. Everybody looked at us. Stefan put Ray on the ground. A woman rushed over to Ray.

Woman "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?"

Nik "The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

Her eyes widened "You're the hybrid."

Nik smiled "You've heard of me. Fantastic."

I sighed already knowing what was about to happen  "Oh boy"

Then Nik went creative. He fed one after one his blood and killed them. He killed one alive, though, only to feed the others when they wake up. Ray drank from him when he woke up. Ray was now sitting on a rock nearby and looking at his still dead mates. He was shivering.

Nik looked at the Human"There. Good as new. Now you relax, okay, mate? We're gonna need you when the rest of them wake up."

Ray " They're dead. They're all dead."

Nik looked at us "Ah, he's through his transition. He should be feeling better soon."

Stefan raised an eyebrow " So is this your master plan? Build an army of hybrid slaves?"