1.46 Ray Sutton

Night. At the Southern Comfort Bar.

I saw a guy sitting at the bar. He smelled like wolf.

 I walked to the bar and sat down next to him.

Ray turned to me "Are you new around here?"

I nodded and pretended to be embarrassed "is that so obvious?"

Ray chuckled nodding "yes. Can i buy you a drink?"

Me "how about bourbon?"

Ray chuckled and turned to the barkeeper "A bourbon for the lady and a beer for me"

The barkeeper nodded and gave us our drinks.

Ray "I'm Ray Sutton"

Suddenly Nik showed up on the other side of Ray.

Nik "Ray? Ray Sutton?"

Ray raised an eyebrow at him  "Who wants to know?"

Nik "I've been looking everywhere for you. We started in Florida, Pensacola. I met a young chap there who you used to work with before you moved to Memphis, now he directed me to two lovely young women. And they led me here, to you."

Ray stood up "I think I'll be going."

He tried to leave but Klaus stopped him.

Nik "Not so fast mate. You only just got here, now your type are very hard to come by."

Ray tried to walk the other way but he bumped into Stefan who was standing there and stopped him.

Stefan warned "I wouldn't do that."

He pushed him back to the counter.

Me "I forgot my maners. I'm Adelaide. Adelaide Petrova"

His face dropped "Vampires."

I smirked.

Nik " You're swifty swift, Ray! Yes! My friends here is a vampire. they compelled everybody in the bar so don't look to them for any help. I however, I'm something else, a different kind of monster. I've got some vampire, I've got some wolf."

Ray's eyes widened  "You're what?"

Nik smirked " A hybrid, Ray, I'm both. You see I want to create more of me. Now you being the first werewolf that I've come across in many a moon, pun intended, Ray! I need you to direct me to your pack. So, where can I find them, Ray?"

Ray shook his head "You can't compel me, it won't work."

Stefan scratched the back of his neck,  Klaus looked at him and nodded. Stefan turned around and took something out of his back pocket.

Stefan to the barkeeper " Can you bring out the darts please?"

Me " Tell you what, Ray, We're gonna play a little drinking game i invented a few weeks ago, something I like to call truth or wolfsbane."

Stefan pulled out a pouch of wolfsbane, poured it into his hand, crushed it with his fingers.

Nik chuckled"Oh, this is gonna be fun, Ray."

----

We chained Ray to the wall, and he had darts in his body. I guess he is in pain because he's hissing and gasping and groaning in pain.

Stefan was sitting next to me at the table across the wall and was stirring a glass of a drink with wolfsbane in it with a dart end. I took it and threw it at Ray. Right into the right shoulder. Ray cried out in pain.

Klaus sat next to us and was watching. Everyone else was acting as nothing unusual is going on.

Stefan " Ray, you can end this right now. Just tell us where your pack gathers for the full moon."

Ray shook his head in pain " I can't."

Stefan "I know, I know. You live by code and all that, but see he's not gonna let us stop until you tell me. And I do whatever he says so, that's the way it goes around here."

Me "So it's either do or suffer"

A woman walked over to Nik. I eavesdropped.

Woman "Hello mister Klaus. I have some more information for you. You told me to tell you if I saw anything. I saw the guys spotted Damon at the farm house."

Nik fake smiled "Well, thank you Claudine. You'll just tell your friends to keep up the good work or they're gonna watch her."

The girl walked away and Stefan walked over to Nik. I stayed at my place looking at the two boys.

Stefan "My brother still on our trail?"

Yeah right, Damon and Elena are hanging on our asses the second they realized we weren't coming back from getting the cure.

Nik " He's getting closer, I'm gonna have to deal with that."

He stood up.

Stefan grabbed his arm " No, no, no! Let me handle it."

Nik raised an eyebrow "Why should I let you leave?"

Stefan " 'Cause, you know I'll come back."

Nik asked amused  " Do I?"

Stefan " You saved my brother's and Adelaide's lifes; I'm at your service."

Nik "You know what i think?"

Stefan raised an eyebrow.

Nik "I think that the only reason you will come back is.....her"

I saw him smirking at me. 

Stefan turned his head to me. 

I quickly looked at Ray.

Stefan " I'll make sure that my brother doesn't bother us any more."

He walked out and Nik chuckled at me.