1.22 Jules

Next day. Morning. 

I walked downstairs to the living room

I walked downstairs to the living room. I sighed when i heard the doorbell. 

Then I walked to the door and opened it.

My jaw dropped "Elijah?"

Elijah smiled "Hello, Adelaide"

I asked confused "How did you find me?"

Elijah chuckled "this is a small town, Adelaide"

I  took a step aside. 

Elijah raised an eyebrow but walked inside. I closed the door behind him. 

I crossed my arms over my chest " What are you doing here, Elijah?"

Elijah turned to me "I came to see you. It's been a 100 years since the last time i saw you"

I warned "you know exactly what i am talking about. What are you doing in Mystic Falls?"

Elijah "you know what i'm doing here"

I gestured to the sofas and he nodded. I sat down on one. Elijah sat down on the one in front of me. He was wearing a suit as always. 

He looked very handsome.

I asked confused  "Why did you kill those vampires yesterday? Why not let them take Elena and get it over with?"

Elijah " Because I didn't want her to be taken. You know that Niklaus is the most feared and hated of the Originals, but those who fear him are desperate for his approval. If word gets out that the doppelgänger exists, there'll be a line of vampires eager to take her to him and I can't have that."

I raised an eyebrow "Wasn't that all you two wanted 500 years ago? To break the curse?"

Elijah looked caught off guard. 

He caught himself " Let's just say that my goal is not to break the curse anymore"

I asked confused "What's changed?"

Elijah "You've seen that his obsession has made him paranoid. He's a recluse. He trusts only those in his immediate circle."

Me "And you're one of them, or am i wrong?"