1.31 Enemies From The Past

Next day. Morning. 

Stefan, Lexi and i were having a little party

Lexi was dancing and rocking out to Bon Jovi. I was dancing on the sofa table in front of Stefan with a bottle in my hand while Stefan was sitting in front of me on the sofa with his own bottle in his hand. Damon walked inside. 

Stefan yelled looking at him" Damon! Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation.Hey, you remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

Damon turned the music off and fake smiled "Lexi, back from the dead. Goody."

Lexi vamp-ran at Damon and pinned him against the wall with a hand over his neck "What's up, buzzkill?"

Damon looked at Stefan " Stefan, you're just gonna sit there and let her enact her ghostly revenge?"

Stefan shook his head chuckling " You reap what you sow, buddy."

Lexi " Let's be very clear: whatever time I have left here, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?"

Damon pressed out nodding " Yeah. Got ya."

She let go of him and he gasped. 

Damon " So if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up. And here you three are, having dance party USA."

 I got off the table and sat down on Stefan's lap. Stefan put one hand on my lower back and the other one on my thigh. 

Stefan nodded "You're right. How selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formerly dead best friend. I should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right? I should be upstairs grooming my hero-hair."

Damon raised an eyebrow " Are you drunk?"

Stefan "I don't know, Mom, am I?"

I took a sip of my bottle but Damon snatched it away. 

Damon "Well, I guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse. Now, care to hazard any guesses on what the hell went wrong?"

He took a sip of the bottle. 

Later

Stefan and i were in my bedroom and i was looking through my walk-in closet.

He leaned against the frame of the walk-in closet "you do realize i am the one who graduates today, right?"

I looked at him. 

He had his arms crossed and was smiling at me. 

Me "Can't i just look pretty for my boyfriend?"

I was picking out dresses.

Stefan walked to me "you always look pretty"

I blushed a little. 

Suddenly we heard a gunshot.

My eyes widened shocked "Stefan"

We speeded downstairs. 

Vaughn, the hunter from the island, stood there with a gun aimed at Damon. Stefan ripped his heart out. Vaughn dropped to the ground. 

I raised my eyebrow at Damon who was kneeling on the ground. 

--

 Lexi crouched near Vaughn's body.

Stefan emptied a blood bag into three glasses.

Lexi "So, the veil's down until tonight, he dies and goes to the Other Side, and what? Comes back all over again? How long does that take?"

Stefan handed me a glass and then handed Lexi one.

Stefan "What, they don't give you a rulebook over there?"

Lexi giggled " You know, you're missing your chance to weigh in on the Great Elena Gilbert Cure Debate."

Stefan " What am I supposed to do? I don't care anymore. You know, it's funny, those two are in there arguing about how to protect the world, and they have yet to address their biggest issue."

Lexi smirked "Enlighten me."

Stefan " The sire bond's gone. Elena's emotions are back. She finally knows exactly how she feels."

I added "What she feels for Damon"

Lexi "And what if whatever she feels is for you?"

Stefan took a deep breath "I am happy with the love of my life. And i wouldn't change that for the world. If they want to be together than be it. Maybe angel and i will move to Australia. We can live in a yurt."

He looked at me smirking and i scoffed.

 Lexi laughed " Cheers to that."

We clinked our glasses together. Suddenly Vaughn stood up.

Stefan shoved me behind him.

Before anyone could make any move Damon walked inside. He threw the cure at Vaughn.

Damon "here"

Vaughn caught it.

Stefan "the hell are you doing?"

Damon "Digging up Silas. You coming, Vaughn, or not?"

They walked out. Elena walked to us shocked.