1.81 Spilling Secrets

Me " Where's the stake?"

Ric " You're worse than I ever was, Stefan. Spineless, pathetic."

Stefan "Tell me where the stake is before I kill you."

Ric" You know you're all gonna burn. Ashes to dust."

Stefan hit Alaric repeatedly and yelled "Where's the stake?!"

No answer.

Stefan hit him again, then grabbed him in a chokehold  "I'm gonna kill you in three...two...one."

Ric pressed out laughing " It's in the cave. Where no vampire can get it. Heh heh!"

Stefan threw him onto the ground.

Ric "a shame that Elena is in Denver with your brother. I mean who knows what he and Adelaide would've done if she left with Damon instead of Elena"

Stefan asked confused  "What are you talking about?"

Ric chuckled and looked at me "you haven't told him?"

Stefan looked at me confused "told me what?"

I warned "Ric"

Ric looked at him"while you were playing out there ripper for the past 150 years. your brother had some fun with the girl you say you love. Behind your back of course"

I sighed. .

Ric chuckled  "come on, Adelaide. The cat is out of the bag now"

Stefan stormed out.

I looked at Ric and growled.

He chuckled "now that we're talking about secrets. you do realize the real reason Stefan didn't go to Denver was because he wanted to test Elena"

I crossed my arms over my chest "Why would he test her?"

Ric "because he was afraid that she feels something for Damon. "

Me "so what? Why would he be afraid if she feels something for Damon?"

Ric "He's afraid that Damon's going to steal her from him. That's why he chose you. To not let it look like Damon stole his girl"

I shook my head "you're lying"

Ric "Ask him yourself"

I walked out and locked the cell. 

Then i walked upstairs and saw Nik and Bekah standing there.

I sighed annoyed "Oh you've got to be kidding me"

Rebekah walked downstairs to get Ric.

Nik "Adelaide, love, what took you so long down there?"

Rebekah walked upstairs with Ric "I'm gonna take him to the caves. You're gonna go inside and fetch me the stake and if you think you're gonna hide, you're wrong."

Then she pushed Alaric towards the door and left.

Nik " And then there was one. I know about your brother's little mission to Denver. He failed. Not that that's news anymore."

Stefan "So, what are you gonna do now, Klaus? You gonna kill me?"

Nik " I haven't actually decided yet."

He sat down on the sofa.

Stefan "Aww, sure you have. See you've had every chance and every excuse imaginable to do it, but yet you haven't. Which means you don't want to."

Nik " You know something, you're right. You see, I'm still waiting for my old friend to come back. By the looks of it, he's just beneath the surface. Waiting to come out and play. Isn't that right, Ripper?"

Stefan " I've been fighting that part of myself, thinking that if I repressed it then it would go away. But it won't. And now that I've accepted it, it can't control me. And neither can you. So, unless you're gonna stake me, why don't you get the hell out of my house?"

Then he walked upstairs.

Nik smirked at me "Love?"

I put a hand on my hip "you've done enough, don't you think?"

Nik smirked, stood up and stepped closer to me "don't think because you've spent years with my family doesn't mean i won't hesitate to kill you. You're playing both sides, love, that could turn out very dangerous for you, don't you think?"

Me "Hate me as much as you want but hurt me and you're gonna have to deal with Elijah. And we both know how he can be if you push his buttons"

Nik clenched his jaw.

Me "and now get the hell out of my house"

I walked upstairs into Stefan's room.

He was standing there with a drink in his hand.

Me "Stefan"

Stefan turned to me "is it true?"

I sighed.

Stefan "Adelaide, did you sleep with Damon?"

I looked down.

Stefan breathed out.

Me "We were reckless and drunk. It didn't mean anything, Stefan. "

Stefan nodded.

I hugged him and he hugged me back.

Me "don't believe everything Ric tells you"

Stefan nodded.

Me "He's lying"

Who was i convincing? him or myself?