1.32 Bartop On Fire

Elena, Bonnie, Caroline, Jenna and i walked into the Grill and looked at the band that was playing.

Jenna saw Alaric walking to the bar. 

She sighed annoyed "I need a drink."

I nodded "I'll join you"

She linked her arm with mine and we walked to the bar. 

We sat down on the stools.

I looked at the bartender "Two shots Tequila. "

He nodded. 

Jenna turned to me "tell me, Adelaide, What happened to Elijah?"

The bartender handed us our drinks. I downed mine. 

I grimaced "Left town. "

Jenna downed her drink "why?"

Me "Family issues"

Jenna nodded "i hope i'll see him again. I found him charming"

I ordered two more shots and nodded "of course you did. He has that effect on women"

Alaric joined us  "Adelaide. Jenna."

Jenna shook her head "Not tonight, Ric. Tonight I have traded you for señor tequila."

She downed her shot. 

Alaric " Yeah. Well, señor tequila's not going to be treating you very well."

Jenna shrugged "Well, the two of you have a lot in common."

I held back a laugh.

Alaric took a deep breath "Look, Jenna, I hate that you're this upset with me."

Jenna downed my drink"Yeah, well, it's your fault. Because whatever it is you're keeping from me, Whatever you think I can't handle...You're wrong. 'Cause last year I was a grad student who smoked a lot of pot and couldn't keep a goldfish alive and now I'm a parent, so I think I can handle anything, Ric."

Alaric "Jenna..."

She stood up and left. 

Ric looked at me. 

Me "sorry, man."

Ric rolled his eyes at me. 

I giggled.

Suddenly i saw Caroline walking on stage.

Caroline said into the mic "Hey, everybody. Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome?"

They all started to clap. 

Caroline "So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself."

The singer went to gently take the microphone from Caroline but she resisted.

Caroline " I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing."

My jaw dropped. 

Singer "Come on, off the stage."

She compelled him "You are going to let me live out my rock star fantasies, and you are going to be my back-up."

Singer " What'll it be?"

She whispered something in his hear and he told the band the song. 

She started singing "Eternal Flame".