1.9 Fake Peace

Next day. At the Lockwoods. 

I had slept over at Mason's. At the Lockwoods. Of course he slept on the sofa. Not like a had a choice than to crash at his place. 

i was leaning against Mason's truck while he was getting some boxes out of the trunk. 

I raised an eyebrow when i saw Stefan walking to us "Mason"

He looked at me and then his gaze moved over to Stefan " Stefan, right? The other Salvatore."

Stefan nodded "The nice one. The one offering an apology."

I nearly chocked on my laugh. Stefan shot me a quick glare. 

Mason shook his head  "Not interested."

Stefan sighed " Look, my brother acted impulsively."

Mason scoffed "You think?"

Stefan " If you and Damon keep going at each other throats, somebody innocent is going to get hurt and I don't want that. You have family here so I can imagine you'd want that either. So what do you say we just quit the whole alpha male fighting thing and call a truce?"

Mason "I made that same offer to your brother. He turned it down with a knife."

Stefan " He made a mistake. I'm here to make sure that neither one of you make another one."

Mason "Tell your brother to watch his back."

Stefan caught Mason's arm before Mason could walk off.

I pushed myself off the trunk. 

Stefan "Well, I'm guessing that he only has to worry about that during a full moon. Otherwise you're not as strong, am I right? Or you would have killed Damon by now. There's one of you. There's two of us. I think you're the one that needs to watch his back."

Mason "If he comes at me-"

Stefan shook his head  "He won't."

He held his hand out. Mason hesitated but shook it. Then he left with a box.

Damon joined us " What are you doing?"

Stefan " Negotiating peace on your behalf."

Damon shook his head and put his hands on Stefan's shoulder " I don't want peace."

Stefan put his hands on Damon's shoulder "Consider it's opposite day."

Damon "Stefan, please tell me you don't seriously think a hand shake just solved our problem."

Stefan " No, actually I think that the first chance Mason Lockwood gets, he's gonna drive a stake through your heart and then through mine, all because you took it upon yourself to try to kill him. So thank you, because we don't have enough problems."

Then he walked off.

Damon looked at me "I was feeling lonely last night. Where where you?"

Me "Slept at Mason's"

Damon raised an eyebrow confused "Why?"

Me "Why don't your ask you brother?"

I tried to walk past him away but he grabbed my hand and spun me around. 

Damon "Adelaide "

I sighed, pissed off "Hands off, Damon"

Damon "Have you talked to your sister?"

I nodded "mhm"

Damon let go of my hand "What did she tell you?"

I took a deep breath and crossed my arms over my chest "That she knows about our little secret and that she's got not problem with selling us out"