1.29 Dagger For Dessert

The door bell rang. Damon went to open it. I stopped in the doorfame of the living room.

Elijah smiled  "Good evening."

 Damon "Thank you for coming. Please, come in."

Elijah " Just one moment. Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider."

Damon shook his head " No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you."

Elijah nodded "Hmm. Well, that's good."

Then he walked inside "Because, you know, although Elena, Adelaide and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house, except Adelaide. Are we clear?"

Damon nodded, fake smiling " Crystal."

Elijah walked over to me, smiling "Adelaide, you look stunning tonight "

I smiled "thank you"

---

Damon, Andie, Elijah, Jenna, John, Ric and i all sat around the table. 

Jenna poured some wine for Damon" I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town."

Damon nodded " Hmm, do tell."

he was sitting at the head of the table. On his left side was i sitting and next me was Elijah's seat. Thank you, Damon. John was next to Elijah on the other end of the table. Jenna was in across from me. Andie next to Jenna across from Elijah and Ric as next to Andie.

Elijah "Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."

Jenna "Hmm. Because they were witches."

Andie nodded " Yeah, but there's no tangible proof there were witches in Salem."

Damon to Elijah " Andie's a journalist. Big on facts."

Elijah "Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned. Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire"

I took a sip of my wine.

Jenna " I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society."

Andie and she giggled. I rolled my eyes. 

John " It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me."

Damon ignored John's comment "So, why do you want to know the location of these alleged massacres?"

Elijah " You know...a healthy historian's curiosity, of course."

Damon "Of course."

He glanced at Damon and smiled, nervously.

I raised an eyebrow. 

-------------

Damon "Would anyone care for some cognac? I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages."

He got up from the table.

Ric shook his head " None for me thanks. Nine bottles of wine is my limit."

Then we all got up. 

 Damon looked at Andie.

 Andie "The gentlemen should take their drinks in the study."