Chapter One-THE ASSAULT

A rush of adrenaline pulsated through their veins, a strong wave of confidence crashing into their soul and sending the person into a frenzy. White filled every corner of their vision—left and right—every where they looked, there the white demons lurked. Finger locked on the trigger, bodies engaged in fighting stances. Whatever it took to take the enemy down.

But a force, once much stronger than all of them, came raining down. Heavy, like the hammer of dawn. No, it wasn't a horde of armed men, nor was it creatures with indescribable strength, rather... a person. A single person, not taller than an average Stormtrooper, dressed in dark colors from head to toe. The dark streak streamed through the crowd of white like a stream of water running through a forrest.

It was a sight to see from above, swift and unstoppable movements. Blows to the head, kicks to the knees, blasts to the chests. The weakest points of a trooper were the bullseye, and their arrow? Their bare hands. And a stolen blaster or two.

Taking in heavy breaths, breathing through the scarf that covered half of their face from the sand being kicked up from beneath their feet, they fought against the armed forces. Like a dance, light movements that were enough to send the crowd back.

Pacing them self, knocking multiple troopers out with the other, they slammed their blaster against one of the troopers heads and stomachs. Sending a kick into their chest, forcing them to stumble back, the figure instantly latched onto their armor and turned them. Using the stormtroopers body as a shield, avoiding incoming blocks, the person fired. Firing enough blasts to send the group of seven down before shooting at the trooper in their hold.

Sprinting out of cleared areas, running into different batches, they passed through like wind.

Firing blasts, tossing the weapons after using them as batons, they used anything in their reach as a weapon. A rusted poll lying on the ground caught their attention when a group of five white demons appeared. Kicking it up into their grip, they was fast enough to duck and strike, hitting the opened parts of the armor—under their chins, against their necks, knees and inner elbows. Anything to send them down.

Twirling the rod in their grip, the figure used both hands and shoved it against one last trooper, sending them back. Jerking their hands and knocking the blaster from their hold, they turned their waist and sent the distressed stick against the face a good three times; then, the rod hit their chest, stomach, back and knees. Watching the trooper fall down, the person tossed the rod back to where it previously lied.

"Stop!" A hollowed voice alerted, blaster shots hitting the stone walls beside them before they dropped to their knees, snatching a pair blasters from unconscious troopers before firing them. Quick to get back to their feet, they fired the blasters enough to give them an opening from the now surrounding crowd. One by one they fell, allowing them to slip right through.

Rushing down alleyways, narrow pathways and thin staircases, they kept their eyes peeled. They could feel the heat catching up to them, though the area had high walls to cast a shadow, their own body had been on fire. Sweat coating their body, hair sticking to their face as the sounds of their breathing and distant shouting filled the figures ears.

Firing at a pair of troopers that appeared from a corner, they came to a sudden stop at a fork in the path. Taking the middle, they sprinted down before taking a stop. It was quiet, too quiet. That is until a sound hit them, the smallest of sounds, so easy to miss. Grains of sand shifting, the winds echoing against the walls as blaster fires and explosions filled the void in the air. But, the sound of the sand, the imbalance of its movements caught their attention.

Using the one blaster in their grip that they hadn't dropped along the way, they instantly turned and aimed it. A sudden leap was felt in their chest, but it wasn't enough to keep them frozen in fear. Even if the sinister being in front them inflicted that on many that came into contact with it—with him.