Chapter Eighteen-THE DOWNPOUR

The sound of whimpering had echoed within his head, the sight a familiar bedroom being in his line of vision. Seeing the woman across from him dressed in a gold gown, hair loosely hanging with braids within the hairdo, he took a stop forward. Words had left his mouth, but he couldn't hear as to what. And the words had caught the woman's attention.

Turning in her spot, tears in her eyes as a few had slipped and slid down her cheek, Kylo's heart throbbed. Dayanna stood there, the queen's crown on her head and a look of shock on her face. Lips parting for a moment as if to say something but in too much awe to. "Kylo?"

Jumping at the sound of thunder, Kylo's eyes opened to the sight of lightning flashing in his room. Hearing the ran pound harshly against the window, he sat up and looked over, the poor lighting seeping through the crack in between the curtains.

Rubbing his face as he sat with a hunch in his back, he thought back to the dream. It wasn't much like a memory like most of his dreams now were. Rather... something else. It didn't feel like a normal dream, at least not to him. He hadn't gone a single day without dreaming of Dayanna.

Standing by the balcony doors and watching the rain trickle down the glass windows, Dayanna took in a small breath. Although the rain was loud and the thunder was roaring... it felt peaceful. She hasn't been through a rainy day in quite sometime. If she had, it was minor and nothing like the storm now. If it had been any other day, she would've been disappointed... but with the last few days she had, she didn't seem to mind.

Walking out of the room, assuming Dayanna had still been asleep with how early it was, Kylo's attention was caught. Looking towards the balcony doors, there she stood. Arms crossed, but not so tight, as she leaned on a hip. He had wondered how long she had been there, gazing. But, he didn't want to interrupt the peace. She seemed so relax and was quiet. Kylo had believed it to be a ruined day... but it didn't seem like a bad idea to stay in.

"It must be punishment for you running away from your home planet temporarily." Kylo spoke up as Dayanna smiled to herself before shaking her head.

"Oh, hush. You agreed." Looking over her shoulder as she turned the slightest, her heart fluttered. He was in nothing but black sleeping pants. No shirt, no robe. Nothing. Just pants. It was hard to look away no matter how many times she blinked in hopes that'd help. But, it only seemed to taunt her, the way he just stood there, bare chested and all.

"I did." He nodded, standing across from her as he moved to fold his arms. "I have to confess something to you."

Swallowing as she tried to slyly move her eyes away from his shirtless torso, she lifted a brow. "A confession?"

"Yes." He nodded. "I've been dreaming of you."

Feeling her cheeks heat up, Dayanna blinked. "Dreaming of me...?" She nearly whispered.

"It's more of me dreaming of your memories... Or, so that's what it seems like."

"What-what do you mean?" She questioned in confusion. "What did you see?"

"For one, there was you and those other girls you tend to be around. The five of you fooling around in the palaces halls... barefooted, laughing, mentioning how you'd be a lovely queen." Kylo admitted as Dayanna slowly nodded.

"Yes... when I was fifteen..." She stated.

"There was another... you chasing butterflies. Then another of you visiting another planet for the first time. Your coronation. How you lead your first meeting with your militia. Then... your stolen kiss from Kane." Looking at Kylo in awe, she took in a shaky breath as she stood still.

"All... of that?"

"And many more." Kylo said. "Some I can't explain... others are vivid and direct."