Chapter Twenty Two-THROBBING LIPS

The afternoon had turned out longer than she had expected. Being gone for so many days had bit her in the behind with how much work she came back to. She spent hours on end in her office, not leaving until it was half past midnight; and even then the stress on the back of her mind was enough to keep her going for a full twenty-four hours. Lying on her bed, staring at nothing but the darkness, Dayanna took in a deep breath. Things were only getting harder for her. She should've seen this coming when she agreed to helping the First Order.

Tossing and turning, unable to sleep as hours had passed her by, she sat up and rubbed her face. The future marriage, her becoming queen, her being a princess and an Admiral... her newly found relationship (if that) with Kylo, everything was circling her brain. She was starting to miss her days away already.

Looking out the small window of the room, seeing the stars and open space, she sighed. She just needed some sort of peace of mind, something to keep her at bay... something to turn to to keep her calm when she wasn't. Thinking about Kylo, she frowned. She had only wished she knew where it was that he had been living, maybe then she could go to him.

Letting out a huff, she stood from the bed and turned the lights on, in hopes she'd find something to help her sleep. Whether it'd be a boring manual or book... anything to put her to rest.

Hearing her door open, her heart instantly skipped a beat as she turned her head, holding onto her datapad as if ready to swing it. "Kylo?"

"Why aren't you asleep, it's a quarter till three in the morning." Walking towards her as the doors had shut behind him, dressed in a robe to cover his supposed sleeping attire, Dayanna frowned.

"I can't... there's too much on my mind." Looking down at her as he came to a stop in front of her, he knew exactly what she meant. "I'm so stressed... my body is exhausted but my brain isn't."

Grabbing her datapad and placing it down, Kylo reached for her hand and pulled her to her bed. "Come." He nudged his head as Dayanna followed him.

"Kylo, I can't sleep, lying-" Picking her up as he moved back the sheets, Kylo lied her down. "Kylo..."

Staying silent, Kylo removed the robe he was wearing before kicking off his shoes. Moving onto the bed and under the sheets, he turned to his side and reached for Dayanna, pulling her to him. "We may not have the same life, but we have the same struggles."

"What do you mean?" She asked as she was tucked into his chest.

"The stress on the back of your mind, the pressure, the duties... the sleepless nights." Lifting her head enough to look at him, Kylo had his focus on the wall. "Maybe, somehow, we can balance that out for each other."

Looking at him with lightly furrowed eyebrows, she took in a small breath. She knew very well Kylo had his own issues to deal with, but she didn't know he had sleepless nights. At least, she didn't think it was all that bad. He did have the eye bags to prove it... she just assumed he didn't sleep long enough rather than not at all. "When was the last time you had a full nights rest?" Dayanna asked.

"I can't remember. I always end up sleeping, but then I wake up not even two hours later and it's nearly impossible for me to fall back asleep. And when I do, it's not for long." He admitted as Dayanna frowned. "It's beginning to take it's toll..."

"Maybe you just need someone to hold on to, or to be beside you when you wake up..." She nearly whispered.

Swallowing, Kylo's eyes fell to hers. "Maybe..."

Taking in a deep breath, Dayanna lifted herself enough to press a small kiss to his lips before resting against his chest. "Goodnight, Kylo."

Tightening his grip around her, he held her as close as he could, "Goodnight, Dana."

For the next week it had been like that—on and off the Finalizer. After the first night, Kylo had actually slept a good six hours (which was better than what he normally had on him). Then, once they had returned to Viridis, Dayanna had snuck into his room a few times. And, in all honesty, it was the best sleep either of them ever had.

"Dana." Hearing Kylo, Dayanna looked over her shoulder. "It's late."

"I know..." She breathed, looking out at the stars as she stood on one of the main balconies of the palace. "I went to get something to drink in hopes it'd put me to sleep, but knowing my wedding is in over a week... it's unsettling." Dayanna spoke. A few days back, after attending a few matters around her own planet, they had come to a decision on the wedding. Dayanna found it too soon, but with how many people her mother was able to round up, the wedding could've been within a few days. "Kane has been trying to get me to be around him but I come up with excuses."

Coming to a stop beside her, looking up at the stars, Kylo took in a small breath. "I could still kill him."

Smiling to herself as she shook her head, looking down, she sighed. "Death is not an option... although it would help, I can't condone murder."

"I could do it in a way you wouldn't know. You wouldn't see it coming."

"Kylo..." Dayanna warned, shaking her head again as Kylo kept his gaze above. Moving her hand to slip into his as their fingers connected, Kylo looked down at their hands as she turned her attention back to the stars, standing in silence. "I very much like you." She admitted, resting her head against his arm. "I wish I could marry you instead..."

Feeling his heart instantly sink to the pit of his stomach, his focus fell onto the trees ahead of him. Marry? Did he hear her right? "At least... I know you'd treat me right."

Breathing in, Kylo looked down at her. Turning, as she had done the same, he held her face before leaning forward and kissing her cheek. "Let's get you to bed."

"Will you stay?" She asked, the look in her eyes making it hard for Kylo to say no.

Nodding his head, he kept his hold on her hand as he walked beside her back into the palace—in the distance, a raging Kane.

Quietly walking down the halls and up to her room, Kylo guided her to her bed before either of them got under, Dayanna resting her head beside Kylo as his arm held her waist, her hand on his chest. Gently brushing her fingers against his bare skin, feeling the chills run down her spine from the skin to skin contact, Dayanna took in a shaky breath as her hand moved up to his cheek, her lips pressing a kiss against the other.

Closing his eyes for a moment as he lied there, Dayanna left a small trail of kisses from the tip of his jaw to the corner of his lips, Kylo's grip moving to her cheeks as he turned his body to face her own. Pressing a soft kiss to his lips, Kylo only kissed back—but with more force.

Moving his hand under her shirt and against her bare back, he brought her closer to him the deeper the kiss grew. Burying her fingers into his hair, Kylo pulled Dayanna on top of him as he lied on his back. Gently tugging at his hair as their kiss became sloppy, Kylo held tightly onto her hips before his hands began to wander her back as hers ran through his hair.

Taking in deep breaths every chance either of them got, the kiss grew lazy as Dayanna could feel her exhaustion creeping up on her. Sucking on his bottom lip before kissing it, she then kissed his chin before she rested her head on his shoulder, lips throbbing but she enjoyed the sensation—and so did Kylo. His lips felt bigger than they already were.

For the next few nights, Kylo had found Dayanna in the same spot on the balcony, bringing her back and finding either of them making out rather than sleeping. Unaware to them, it was exactly what they needed, something to get them riled up only to tire them out. And soon... maybe a bit more than just making out on the bed or on the couch.