Chapter Twenty Seven-THE UGLY TRUTH

"Promise me you'll come back to me in one piece." Kylo said, looking down at Dayanna.

"I will... this isn't anything that serious. It's a treaty." She said, looking up at him as he held her face, giving her a look. "Okay, I will. I promise." Dayanna sighed, holding his wrists.

"You better." Kissing her forehead, he pulled her to him, embracing her. "It won't be pretty if you don't."

Smiling to herself, Dayanna leaned back and puckered her lips, Kylo looking at her and kissing them. "I have to go." She said within the kiss. "I love you."

Giving her one last kiss, he rested his forehead against hers for a moment, holding her face. "I love you..."

Removing his hands from her as she gave him one last kiss, Dayanna kissed his cheek before turning away from the wall they had been hiding behind. "Hey, wait."

Turning around, Dayanna looked at Kylo. "Yes?"

"When you get back... we should go to that waterfall of yours." Kylo said as Dayanna smiled.

"It's a date." At that, she left his sight.

Emerging from behind the wall after taking in a deep breath, Kylo watched as she boarded the ship her and her mother would be taking. Seeing Dayanna turn as the ramp lifted, she waved her hand as Kylo bowed his head, her mother now beside her. He knew this time around, the separation between the two of them was going to feel a lot worse—almost like torture.

"Are you ready?" Selene asked as Dayanna nodded.

"Yes." She breathed.

"You can do this, you know that."

"Of course. I've done it a number of times already." Giving her mother a reassuring smile, Selene placed her hand on Dayanna's cheek. "What?"

"I'm proud of you. You've come so far."

"Thank you." Dayanna nodded again.

"I'm sorry I never listened to you about Kane..."

"It's alright, it's in the past. It is never good to dwell in the past. What matters now is that I will be free of a man who would tie me down. Plus, I'll be a queen who can do her duty just as well without a husband." Dayanna grinned as her mother chuckled.

"Like I said, I am proud of you, my sunshine."

"There you are, Ren!" Hux exclaimed as Kylo had been making his way to the command room.

"What do yo want?" Kylo asked, walking and talking without stopping for the man.

"I have sent troops looking for you! It has been fifteen minutes they've been searching!"

"I've been here already for over two hours, where the hell have they been looking?" Kylo scoffed.

"That doesn't matter, what matters is that the Resistance have planned an attack!" Hux exclaimed. "One of our bases have been found and is under attack as we speak!"

"Is the Captain out there?" Kylo asked as he finally came to a stop.

"Yes, she just left with more troops and they need you out there now!" Hux pointed. "There are troops already waiting on the hangar-"

Already storming off, Kylo took in a deep breath. Just what he needed. It seemed as if every time Dayanna was off on royal duties, away from him, Kylo always was drawn into some sort of battle. Only two hours on the Finalizer and he was already missing Viridis.

Boarding the command shuttle that would be taking him, Kylo clenched and unclenched his fists. He had to admit, he was missing the fighting just a bit. The feel of igniting his lightsaber, using the Force... it had been quite some time since then. But, in all honesty... he enjoyed being around Dayanna more than being on the battlefield.