Chapter Seventeen-THE SILVER SEA

"Come on, Dayanna. It's nothing big, it's just a kiss." Kane insisted, following closely after Dayanna as she tried quickening up her pace.

"It is a big deal when it's my first!" She called out over her shoulder.

"Then let me be it-"

"No, I don't want it to be forced upon. I want it to happen in the right moment with the right person." She snarled, rolling her eyes.

"Dayanna, what better person to kiss you than me? I'm experienced, I know what to do." Kane shook his head, reaching out for her hand and stopping her. "It would be the best kiss you've ever received."

"And how could you possibly know that?" Dayanna glared.

"Because I've been told plenty of times." He winked as she scrunched up her nose.

"That makes it all the worse!" She snapped, pulling her hand away.

"Why wouldn't a fifteen year old want her first kiss taken by an eighteen year old?" Kane asked, grabbing her hand again.

"Because I don't?" She squinted her eyes, but Kane brought her closer. "Kane, you're being obnoxious. Not everyone wants you!"

"That's why I want you." Pulling Dayanna closer, he pressed his lips against hers.

Forcing himself awake, Kylo rubbed his eyes. He couldn't get the sight of Dayanna's face out of his head. The way her eyebrows scrunched up, how her palm pressed against Kane's shoulder... how she clearly didn't feel comfortable. If these were memories, Kylo would've gone back in time and possibly skewered Kane with his lightsaber. He hated the thought of Dayanna being mistreated, especially by someone like Kane.

"Kylo, are you up?" Dayanna knocked on his bedroom door.

"Yeah..." He groaned, sitting up. He knew the day was going to be long.

It started off with breakfast, Dayanna the entire time talking about the zoo and how she's never really been to any since she was a child. Then Kylo decided to take her to nearby areas for her to see some of the planet and even shop—which was a mistake because she had spent hours on end looking thoroughly. Eventually, Kylo brought her to Junari Point to end the night. It had a bar and he knew very well she needed a few drinks in her with the upcoming marriage—let alone—the life she was living.

"Oh! That's was sooo cute when you were holding-" Hiccuping, Dayanna shook her head, "that creature!"

"Okay, I think that's enough." Kylo said, placing his hand on the cup, preventing her mouth from reaching it. "You've had too much."

"I have... not!" Dayanna shook her head. "Look! People drink... to drink! I'm drinking to... forget!"

"Dana, you're drunk."

"I'm not! I'm not drunk... I'm just tipsy." She pointed a finger with a wink. "I've never felt this way... before! Haha! Oh..." Shaking her head, Kylo removed the glass from her hand and placed it down. "Come on, drink with me, then!"

"No. I'm watching over you."

"So? You can have... fun with me. Come on Ky... Ky..."

"Kylo." He finished for her as she nodded with a laugh.

"Kylo..." She breathed. "Kylo, you need more light in your life. Smile more, hug people... laugh a little. You're too... serious."

"I work for the First Order and I'm a Force user. How do you expect me to be happy-go-lucky?" He questioned as she shrugged.

"Because... you have my company..." Nodding, Dayanna placed her hand on his arm, eyes instantly widening. "Wow! Hah... I should've expected that. I mean... it was obvious at the waterfall that you're so... thick?"