two

"can't stop smiling long enough today"

richie helps the girl to the nurse's office, a silent walk since she hadn't muttered a word. richie has never met someone who was so quiet. although, he doesn't think much of it as his main concern is to get her knees to stop gushing blood. there was enough blood to make a starved vampire rejoice and sing kumbaya.

"alright sweetheart, you're all patched up." the nurse reassures the brunette girl, flower-patterned band-aids cover her knees. "nice choice." richie compliments, gesturing to the band-aids but accidentally hits the girl's injured knee. her knee withdrawing from his touch, "sorry!"

richie gives his thanks to the nurse for the help and leaves the office with the girl who silently fiddles with her fingers. "i never got your name, by the way. i'm richie." he gives her a small smile in hopes to make her feel at eased. the girl pulls out a small notepad from her pocket along with a pen, scribbling down in it. she hands richie the paper.

vanessa

"nice to meet you, vanessa." richie holds his hand out for her to shake which she does momentarily. "okay, why aren't you talking?" richie bluntly quips. vanessa gives him a frustrated look as if she doesn't know what to say. she writes down on the paper once again.

i can't

"so you're like mute." richie says as if confirming it to himself. "you can't talk at all?" vanessa nods and huffs. she seems as if she's heard it a thousand times before, her eyes dart from the lockers to him and to the lockers again. richie is about to speak before he's interrupted by a loud growl coming from vannesa's stomach, "you hungry?"

she nods in embarrassment and he chuckles. "let's go grab some food in the cafeteria, it's on me." richie grabs vanessa's hand as they run towards the cafeteria. he looks back to see vanessa is a blushing mess, he smiles at the girl avoiding his eye contact. "oh, i would be blushing too if i was holding the great richie tozier's hand."