twelve

"i'm so excited, i can't wait to meet you there"

"quarry tonight?" bill double checks, his friends syncing with a nod in agreement. "don't forget to tell mike!" ben reminds, walking to his truck. "yeah, remember the last time? i almost shit my pants." eddie sighs, shaking his head. "you didn't shit your pants but you did throw up all over tracy elm." richie snickers.

"i can't believe we're doing this, especially on a school night." stan mumbles to himself, earning a smack of the lips from eddie who says something muffled as richie and vanessa get into richie's car.

"nessa, do you want to go to the quarry? you kinda didn't agree to the plan." vanessa shakes her head in conformation. "do you not wanna wear a bathing suit because i know girls get pretty insecure about it." richie withdraws a cigarette from his shirt pocket, looking over at her before putting his eyes back on the road. he sees her nod in the corner of his eye.

"well you don't have to be insecure around us, we don't judge superficial shit like that." richie reassures, a smile growing on his face. " plus i'm sure you look pretty damn good in a bathing suit!" vanessa softly shoves his shoulder in a playful manner.

richie parks outside vanessa's home, turning to face her. her glasses reflect the light and her brown eyes are just a bit more beautiful this way. richie places his hand on her shoulder, "are you coming to the quarry?"

vanessa taps her chin, presumably thinking quickly, then takes her notepad out. a smirk rests on richie lips at what she wrote down.

can you help me sneak out?

"of course, chatterbox."