twenty three

"i will spend my whole life through loving you"

"how's your ice cream?" richie asks vanessa, her lips briefly covered in strawberry ice cream before licking it off. she gives him a thumbs up. "sorry about your hand. i still can fight that five year old if you want." richie says, vanessa shakes her head and places her bandaged hand on richie's who he holds it carefully.

richie's eyes averted to the receipt laying across the table and gets an idea. he calls over the waitres, asking her for the pen in her pocket. "can you write down what your favorite part of our date is." richie smiles while sliding vanessa the pen and paper. "you can write on the back." vanessa's eyes shine with admiration.

while writing, vanessa sneaks glances at richie who stares at her in a daze. his smile getting brighter and his heart beating faster. once she's done writing, she gives richie the receipt, indulging back in her strawberry ice cream.

you (and watching you fall on your butt when that kid pushed us)

richie looks up from the paper to find vanessa looking outside the window, ice cream almost done and her head bopping to the music coming from the jukebox. he gets a weird sensation in his chest, almost painfully tingly. is he in love? richie in love? already? no way!

but with vanessa mindlessly playing with richie's rings that rest on his fingers, he almost feels like screaming. richie is in love.

"fuck." richie mutters causing vanessa to turn her attention to him. their eyes lock and richie's heart is practically pounding against his chest. he leans forward, praying that she does the same. which she does as he feels the softness of her plush lips.

time freezes as the couple share their first kiss and richie might just die from pure bliss. vanessa is the first to pull away, her cheeks pink. richie grins widely, tucking a strand of her hair away. the couple leans in and kiss again.