twenty one

"when there's nothing to lose and there's nothing to prove"

"where do you guys think i should take her?" richie asks the 3 boys beside him, throwing pebbles into the lake. eddie is the first to speak, "not somewhere where you can't communicate with her." ben nods in agreement, "don't take her to the movies."

"maybe the roller rink?" mike suggests, throwing in his fishing line. richie takes it into consideration while grabbing a handful of taffy, it's not the worst idea in the world. "take her to the roller rink, stay there for like an hour then go to the ice cream parlor down the street." ben plans out for richie.

richie's face lights up at his sentence and snaps, "my guy, you're a genius!" ben laughs as richie high five's him. "no wonder the ladies fall for you." "c'mon, dude." ben says shyly as richie pinches his cheeks.

"you better not fuck this up, richie. if you mess this up then you're out of the group." eddie warns, richie rolls his eyes so hard that it temporarily blurs his vision. "you can't kick me out, i'm unkickable!" richie declares, roughly chucking a piece of taffy at eddie's thigh.

"i mean it! would rather have her in the group than you!" "thank you for those inspiring words, eds. i'll tell em' to your mom later when she's blowing me!" richie exclaims before sprinting away from the short-haired boy when he starts running at him with dead bait.