eight

"something happened and i'm head over heels"

going back to school after the weekend was over is what richie dreaded. he didn't talk to the group or vanessa since friday, isolating himself in his room as he tries to figure out what he'll talk to vanessa about. practicing in the mirror and with his stuffed animal.

as richie walks inside the building, he spots the group by ben's locker. they all laugh at something eddie says but it dies down once richie approaches them, "waddup, losers. hey, chatterbox." vanessa smiles and gives him a wave.

"where were you this weekend?" ben questions, shutting his locker. richie presses his lips together, rubbing his chin as if in thought, "well, i was at home."

"were you okay? it's kinda unlike you to stay in on weekends." "yeah, i was just keeping myself from punching stan in the fucking face." richie turns his attention to stan.

"oh shut it, four eyes." stan argues, receiving a nudge from vanessa. stan looks at her with a face full of confusion, she shakes her head. richie takes note on their interaction but it's discarded when vanessa leans against richie, smiling.

"so lunch, where we going?" bill announces, changing the subject before things got out of hand. "there's a mcdonalds' that just opened up, we could go there." eddie suggests, the group hums in agreement before discussing hangout plans for the upcoming weekend.

richie keeps sneaking glances at vanessa while the group talks. she meets his gaze and both of them grow flustered, richie pulls her aside, "can i walk you to class?" richie mentally high-fives himself as the weekend practice paid off. vanessa shyly nods, grabbing onto the arm richie holds out for her to hold.

the group notice them walking away, "how long do you give him?" "about a couple of days or a week." eddie debates, watching the pair walking down the hallway. "an-and her?" "oh i can tell she already likes him, so maybe a couple of weeks."