twenty seven

"so please, please, please, let me get what i want"

prom night
richie gently places the corsage on vanessa's wrist, smiling at the pink tulip. he glimpses at vanessa's unconscious state, she'd probably be a blushing mess right now if she was awake. eddie snaps a picture of them, momentarily blinding richie. "for the memories." eddie utters out, handing him the developing polaroid. mike walks up to richie, giving him 2 fake bedazzled crowns and richie gives him a puzzled look. "for the prom king and queen." mike smiles.

graduation
vanessa still is unconscious, making her miss graduation. richie and the boys stop by the hospital before heading off to the ceremony. stan places a stuffed animal, wearing a graduation hat, beside her sleeping form. it's an emotional moment, the sound of sniffles could be heard in the hallway. "everyone say queso!" richie's father exclaims at the boys who pose for a photo, richie rolls his eyes. "dad!" "just lightening the mood, rich." his father mentions before taking a picture of the group. they all sign the polaroid at the bottom, placing it on the table for vanessa to see whenever she wakes.

july 4th: vanessa's 18th birthday
mike had recorded the fireworks show that night and play it back at vanessa's hospital room. the boys, along with the four parents, gather around the girl's bed as they watch the pre-recorded show. they all don party hats along with fourth of july accessories. richie lightly rubs vanessa's hand, smiling at the television screen as the fireworks pop one by one. he looks over at her, her skin becoming more pale due to the medication. richie sighs quietly before kissing the girl's cheek, "happy birthday, chatterbox." in that moment, he swore she squeezed his hand.