six

"cause your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear"

richie picked vanessa up from her home at 6:20 p.m, the car ride consisted of him telling her terrible jokes while music blaring out of the speakers of his car. they wait in line with the rest of the group to get tickets for the crow.

"is this movie scary?" richie asks as he looks at the movie's poster. bill gives him a puzzled look, "i-it's an action movie." richie's mouth drops in disbelief, "i thought it was a fucking horror movie!"

"why would you think that? we've been talking about it for weeks." ben laughs, moving up as the line gets shorter. "the crow sounds like a horror movie title, it's very misleading."

"it's not our fault you lack critical thinking." stan jumps in. richie sticks his hand out towards stan, looking at vanessa, "can you believe this guy?" vanessa plays along with stan, looking at richie as if saying, "how could you not know?" which earns a muffled cackle from stan.

"he wants it to be a horror movie so vanessa can jump in his arms." mike teases, causing vanessa to blush. "that's not true!" richie protests. he glances at vanessa whose eyes dart to the ground, he lets out a deep sigh. "can we just get our fucking tickets?"

bill gives richie a comforting pat on the back. richie groans in agony when sees there's about six people in front of them. warmth rushes through his body when he feels a small hand rub his arm. he looks to see vanessa giving him a soft smile, trying to get him to relax.

"thanks." he mutters, causing vanessa to pull away from him. their hands brush against each other ever so slightly. now richie is the one whose a blushing mess.