nine

"and wouldn't you love to love her"

when the bell rang for the students to go home, the group meets up in the parking lot except for richie and vanessa. they're barely exiting the building when the group is about to drive off. "want a ride home?" richie offers once they're in the parking lot, vanessa thinks it over quickly before nodding.

"there they are! you two missed out on plans!" eddie exclaims, richie brushes it off. "we're going to the arcade at five." ben informs them, vanessa looks over at richie for his response, "we'll meet you guys there. come on, nessa." richie places his hand on vanessa's back as he helps her in his car.

richie give a quick goodbye to the group before getting into his car and driving off. "do you actually want to go to the arcade?" richie glances at vanessa briefly and she shakes her head. "me either. do you want to hang out instead?" vanessa nods in excitement.

richie pulls up to vanessa's home, seeing that her mother just arrived as well. he rolls down his window to greet her, "hi, mrs. luna!"

"hello, richie!" mrs. luna greets back, giving him a small wave. "i'll see you at five?" richie grins at vanessa, she gives him a high-five to seal the deal. as richie waits for vanessa to go inside her home, he finds himself gawking at her when the straps of her backpack catches her shirt.

when vanessa turns back to wave richie off, her shirt rises enough for richie to see just below her navel. a prominent tiny birthmark catches richie's eye. "jesus christ." he mumbles to himself, inhaling sharply. why couldn't he just be normal for one second? "there's no way i'm doing that." richie shakes off the suggestive thoughts bleeding through his brain.

the infamous richie tozier, not wanting to manipulate a girl so she can get with him in bed? well, this is something very new.