fifteen

"do you have the time to listen to me whine"

richie skipped school for a couple of days, letting the conflict with stan to fuse out and to also figure out the feelings he has for vanessa. he didn't actually think he'd like her this quickly, they just met two weeks ago. he curses his heart for being so weak.

today, he's at mike's house with bill. they play cards and take breaks to devour the delivered pizza from time to time. "can i tell you guys something?" mike nods with a mouthful of pizza, bill lets out a deep breath while clearing his throat. "i like vanessa, like a fucking lot." he confesses, fist squeezing as he waits for the reaction of his friends. "we know." mike and bill say in sync.

"what? how did you-"

"you basically drool over her. stan w-was right, unsurprisingly." bill explains while getting another slice of pizza. mike hums in agreement, taking a swig of his iced tea.

"that prick always knows." richie groans before taking a mental note to swallow his pride and apologize to stan. "i mean, vanessa is very nice. i can see why you like her. she can stand being around you for more than a minute." mike jokes, richie shyly smiles.

vanessa is more than nice to him, richie thinks she's a heaven-sent angel. such a sweet girl with no ounce of malice in her heart, pretty inside and out. though her lack of voice is a bummer, her actions make up for it.

"should i wait to ask her out on a date?" richie questions, pulling himself out of his zoned out state. his friends nod, "ask her in l-like a couple of weeks." "yeah and plus, i think she likes you too."