seven

"please forget the words i've just blurted out"

the group feast at a diner after the movies, talking over each other about what scenes they like and make up theories. richie pays for vanessa once again, bringing up what he said in the pharmacy. "like i said chatterbox, daddy's got you." richie reassures her in a fake british accent which causes her to laugh. "oh brother." stan gags at the name.

"so v-vanessa, did you like the movie?" bill quips, chugging his milkshake. vanessa thinks for a second, shaking her hand from side to side. "she thinks it was okay." ben reads her gesture, looking at her for confirmation. vanessa grins widely and high fives ben.

"i think stan is stealing your girl." eddie whispers to richie as vanessa and stan start up their own conversation. "she's not my girl, eds." richie whispers back. eddie scoffs, "oh, you know she will be eventually."

"dude, you seriously need to fuck off." richie bites back, his voice full of bitterness. he takes a glimpse at vanessa who is smiling at whatever stan is saying. richie leans closer in an attempt to hear what they're talking about.

"i like your glasses, i always wanted some like those." stan compliments, this causes richie to butt in. "yeah, i like your glasses too! they're better than mine." richie is smiling at vanessa as he feels stan's eyes burning a hole through his head.

"what would be better is you not interrupting our convo." stan expresses with a contorted face. "what would be better is you shutting your mouth." richie speaks through gritted teeth, a fake attempt at a smile. vanessa shifts in her place, visibly uncomfortable.

richie notices, moving away from her as if to give her space. "i'm sorry." he apologizes, vanessa nods softly in appreciation. "thank you." stan smiles proudly, mistaking richie's apology. "that wasn't for you asshole. but i am sorry, really." richie places a hand over his chest dramatically. "for?" "kicking your ass later."