three

"here we are now, entertain us"

"do you mind if we sit with my friends?" richie questions as him and vanessa get their food, she shakes her head nonchalantly. when walking to the group's table, eyes focus on them while whispers fill the atmosphere. richie notices but doesn't care enough to say anything.

"waddup, fuckers." richie beams as he plops down in the seat next to stan. vanessa shyly sits down beside him. "you reek of cigarette smoke." stan grimaces, nose scrunched up. "don't be such a pussy, stanley. you'll live." richie nudges him as he takes a bite of his burger.

"who's the girl?" eddie asks, pointing to vanessa. the boys' divert their attention to her, vanessa shifts in her seat. "her name is vanessa and she can't talk." richie's words are muffled by a mouthful of food. "she can't talk?" ben repeats in a confused tone.

"she's mute." richie tells them as if it's no big deal. "mute?" eddie asks in disbelief. richie's eyes roll back at the repeated question. "did i stutter? no offense, bill."

"none taken." bill shrugs, giving vanessa a quick wave. eddie glares at richie. "you don't have to be a dick about it." eddie sighs, taking a sip of his soda. "i wouldn't have to be if you weren't stupid, eds." richie shoots him a wink, eddie's face distorts into a pissed off expression when the name leaves his mouth. "don't call me that!"

"alright, eddie spaghetti." richie taunts further, cackling under his breath.

"oh my god, i hate you." stan mutters to himself, shaking his head in disappointment. richie glances at vanessa who eats in a hurry, as if the pizza is about to grow legs and run away from her.

"slow down there. you're gonna choke." ben worriedly warns vanessa as he notices her fast-paced eating. "that's what he said, amirite?" richie holds his hand up to high-five eddie, who rejects him. "you're eating like a madman. have you ate anything today?" stan softly asks vanessa, she looks exasperated and embarrassed.

"i don't think you should be judging her, dude." richie comes in like a saving grace, rubbing vanessa's back reassuringly. "i like when girls have an appetite." he jokes, receiving an earful of groans from his friends. "what did i do?" "you like when girls do alot of things." eddie points out almost annoyingly. richie raises his hands in defeat with a smug smile on his lips, "what can i say, wheezy? i'm a ladies man."