Prologue

Inspired and approved by SilverK004

(Currently being rewritten. Effective as of Jan 22nd, 2020)

————————————————

The shade came upon the horizon, remembering.

————————————————

The stormy tide clashed against the withering cliffside. Salty droplets sprayed and pelted me as I sat on top. 

Yes, I was cold and wet, but I felt safe there, calm with the rushing wind. I had wished it could sweep me up and carry me away.

I watched the seafoam form, just to wash ashore down at the rocky beach. The clouds were swelled with water, ready to flow out.

It began to rain.

I had overstayed my welcome, and a regular, dreadful day lay ahead for me. I got up and walked down past the waving grass to the side of the road. 

I made my way back to my house, not far from there. I sneaked back in quietly from my bedroom window. 

I changed out of my dripping clothes to my school uniform. I had no affinity for the particular outfit. I looked back at myself in the mirror, catching glimpses of my black eyes. I put my contacts on.

I sat at my bed for a minute, staring deep into the teal walls. I fixed my bed and exited my room. 

I went down the hallway and saw my uncle there, mindlessly watching the television. "Good morning," I said. He only grunted back. I made my way past him to the front door. 

I held out by the front door, waiting for my twin sister Kayla. She took her time, "Sorry you had to wait for so long." she apologized when she came. 

I held the umbrella and we left. The wind blew strong, but I held on tight. 

We walked down the sidewalk until we stopped at a tall standing house. Kayla went up to knock on the door and a few minutes passed until Silvia came out. They said their hellos and we continued our journey as they had some small talk. I didn't pay attention to them, I just watched the raindrops fall and hit the ground in front of us. 

As the gates grew pretty near, a big gust of wind ripped the umbrella out of my grasp. It flew high and crashed against the pavement right in the direction of Harold. He grinned, picked it up, and threw it as a spear right back at me. It soared and I had to block it with my forearm, but it still hurt.

I picked up the umbrella off the ground. The girls had already run ahead to enter the building, so I was all alone. Harold started approaching me, "I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer." was what I thought he said. 

And so he did, in the cold rain. He left me there, in the cold rain.

Kayla returned because I took too long. She helped me get up and get inside the building. We were both soaked, but it didn't seem to bother her. Silvia was waiting for us, "Should have left him out there." she remarked.

"He's my brother, I can't do that." Kayla glared back at her. "He should have defended himself, how's he going to stand up to the world if you're there to stand up for him," she said. I looked down at the ground, I wasn't sure if it was the rain but something streaked down my cheek. 

Silvia was right and I said nothing.

......

We went to our first couple of classes. Harold and his lackeys messed with me some more during and between them, they hid my things and 'accidentally' knocked me to the ground. I was going to need a new set of clothes after that day. 

It wasn't until our 4th class that we were all together again. Roll was called and only one person was missing, as per usual. The lesson dragged on, I even forgot what it was about.

In the middle of the teacher's sentence, a bright flash engulfed the room. It disappeared as fast as it came and my eyes adjusted quickly. I thought we finally got nuked, but there was a circle on the ground with symbols I couldn't understand. I couldn't even move or say anything.

The world went dark.