Chapter 26: Explanations

Click-clack went the horse hooves on the road. I had been listening to its song for hours now, each passing minute closer to insanity. Our plodding progress had already gotten to my head.

It had been 4 days since we left Tsubarian's lair; 4 days being pelted by Terose but with a light and sweet breeze every second of the day.

I took a quick drink from a leather water pouch we were sharing. The water was sweet in my mouth, although there wasn't any sugar in it. I placed the waterskin by my side and stared deeper into the summer sky.

I sighed and sat back, only moving to redirect the horses. We must have looked dumb, traveling down the road with horses pulling a plane. But alas, this was a place where no one knew what a plane was.

There were 2 problems with the plane so far, one was the fact that, in its current state, it couldn't carry the horses. The other was that it took quite a bit of mana to fly-- I could only fly it for roughly 5 hours before I felt too nauseous to continue, by my calculations.

I sat back even more. I was bored out of my mind. No monsters would dare attack us since they could feel our strength, and we had yet to run into bandits.

I opened my [Item Box] looking for something to do, but I didn't find anything. I decided to clean it out a little since it has been getting ridiculously messy. The time putting it off had finally caught up to me, with a full-force blow.

I plotted out where each item was supposed to go: the first quadrant for materials; the second for corpses and cores; the third for armor and weapons; and the fourth was for tools and other utensils.

I cleaned out Q2 and I was beginning to move the bodies until I noticed a red slip of cloth under a rather large [Armored Howler]. I pulled it out with a little resistance, but it wasn't that much.

It was a long, flat piece of cloth. I looked at it a hard, pondering what it was. It took me a cool second to realize it was a scarf.

I remembered exactly what it was, the [Scarf Of Pride]. I put it on. "What other forgotten goodies do we have here?" I shifted through my stuff.

There wasn't that much of use in the remaining items. The few pieces of the equipment I did want use, I would've rather given them to the others to use.

I tidied up for not even a speck of dust remained in my [Item Box]. I closed it and moved on to give the others their new equipment.

When I popped in with the new stuff, Deliva immediately questioned the scarf I had on. "What is that around your neck?" she questioned.

I touched it lightly, "It's a scarf," I answered. "But it is not Snowsom yet, why would you need it?" she asked. "It's a bit hard to explain, but it's a powerful magic item." I tried to explain. "You have so many magic items, how did you get them all?" she asked.

"Well, erm, have this." I changed the subject and handed Deliva a Heattooth Dragon leather chest plate and a dagger I made on the spot out of one of its canines. She gladly accepted it and put it on, although looking a little uncomfortable. She played around with the dagger, in a bit she gave a satisfied nod and put it away.

"You have yet to answer my question." Deliva continued. "Well, I'll explain that later, now I have to divide this equipment, I'll tell you in a bit," I responded

"Aaron?" I called out the blade resting by Kani. "Yes?" Aaron called back. "I have some armor for you," I said.

The blade transformed into his regular form, "Why do I need this?" he asked, with a tiny bit of annoyance in his tone as Kani had landed on his head.