Chapter 1: Another World

' Hello, there will be a time where you have to prove yourself to be the one', a voice whispers out of the darkness. 'What do you mean?' I asked the voice. 'Whatever you want it to mean, my boy' the voice said before becoming silent once more.
-----------------------------------------------------------

"Cason, wake up!" Kayla said while aggressively shaking me awake. "I'm up, I'm up!" I said as I opened my eyes. The white room we were in was blinding to me, which was quickly adjusted to. "Jesus, you're finally awake," Kayla said as I lifted myself up and look around.

The white-walled room with a white roof and with white tile, was rather well, white. There was an old man sitting on a chair waiting for us to wake up. Speaking of which, everyone is still unconscious except me and Kayla and some other guy I forgot.

The old man smiled when I looked at him. "Could you wait until everyone wakes up so I can tell you all what happened," he said to us. Kayla and I nodded.

It took around 20 minutes for the last person to wake up, which was the dude already asleep in the first place. When we were all set, the old man cleared his throat, the 27 of us listening quietly.

"Hello, all of you are dead," he said and a few people gasped. "Just joking, you are all in a different world now!", the rest of us gasped. I was just confused.

"I am the Prime Minister of Gelius, the kingdom you are in. Now you may be wondering why you are here," he said, most of us did a semi nod.

"Well, I and a few other mages helped me summon you all here. Now, the reason was that we need a couple of otherworldly warriors to help us." I started listening intently from there. "We have no idea if your world had magic or not, so we have to ask you all if you did," he asked with a grin.

"No sire." my sister said.

"Ahh, that is quite unfortunate. We have to begin lessons tomorrow then," he said.

"Before that, however, we must present you before the King, and appraise you all with a magical tool." the Prime Minister said.

Harold spoke up, "So if we beat them do we get to go back?". "Of course, you can all go back when we are done here," he said. I felt a chill go down my spine, my lie sense of other worlds. I had read too many light novels to know what he said was a lie. The quiet ones understood it, they had sad faces when they heard it. probably coming to the same conclusion I did. Others, like Kayla and Harold, are satisfied with his answer; ignorance is bliss.

I smiled, it's really all I ever wanted since I started reading light novels. 'Thank you fate!' I internally said to myself. ' All that is left is to get a lucky ... class ...' I screamed inside my head, I have always had terrible luck since birth. My eyes darted from the Prime Minister to the corners of the room.

"Follow me, children, we have much to do." The Prime Minister said. The others began to follow him.

After a maze way of halls and stairs, we finally reached the King. He was in the throne room waiting for us to arrive.

He rose from his throne and lifted his arms.

"Welcome to my kingdom, Gelius. I hope you will be comfortable here for now, until you are sent back," he spoke.

"Now, we will check your classes and stats," he said. A maid pushing a cart with a floating, spinning cube on top of it, appeared from some back doors.

"You, young man, let us check you first." the King said while pointing at Harold, who was the one closest to him. "Thank you, your majesty." he bowed and said while approaching the crystal ball.

Of course, his perverted side showed up and he fake trips onto the maid to feel her. While he has pinned her down, the maid doesn't show any reaction and instead says, "Pervert". Harold grins, "Yeah baby, I can make you feel good too.". I slap myself lightly to make sure I'm not dreaming. "Just check your stats." the king sighed.

Harold gets up and tries to touch the cube. He stops a few inches short, almost as if stopped by a barrier. "Whoa," he said as he pulled his hand back. "What class did you get and your top stat?" the King asked, intrigued.

"Legendary Swordsman, 50 STR, whatever that means," Harold said as he looked into the cube.

"I knew you were good material." the King chuckled to himself.

"Next is you." the King said while pointing at my sister. "Certainly, your majesty," Kayla said while approaching the cube. She holds out her hand to the cube and lightly touches it, before pulling back.

"Wow," she said, starstruck. "So what is it?" the King asked. "Legendary Mage, INT 50," she said while I'm stunned.

Slowly but steadily the classroom is picked one by one to check their stats. Meanwhile, I use some sort of concealment to be the last one chosen.

Finally, it's just me. "Your turn." the King said. I took a deep breath and stepped forward and touched the cube. It did not react to my touch.

————————————————
                 Cason Hersan
————————————————
Age:17    Level:1   Race: Human?
Gender: M   Class:???   Rank:?
Job 1: None    Job 2: None
————————————————
                        STATS
————————————————
HP:176/200  MP:200/200  STR:10
DEF:10  WIS:10   INT:10   DEX:10
SPD:10  LUK:-50  APT:0  SC:0
————————————————
                 SKILLS/SPELLS
————————————————
[UNKNOWN]??? [UNKNOWN]???
[Scythe Mastery] Lv Max
[Concealment] Lv 70
[Appraise] Lv Max
————————————————
             PASSIVE ABILITIES
————————————————
[UNKNOWN] [UNKNOWN]
[UNKNOWN] [UNKNOWN]
[No-Chant] [Language Other.]
————————————————
                     TITLES
————————————————
UNKNOWN      UNKNOWN
————————————————

With that I sighed, the lowest someone had was a 25 and I had 10 as my highest. I gulped and said, "Class Unknown, All Stats 10" and the entire class burst into laughter, the King did too. "Tell the truth, my boy," he said.

I sighed. "It's the truth," I said and the room went silent all at once.