Chapter 25.5: Remembrance

It's spooky time! And you know what that means! Well if you're wondering, this entire passage will deal with my story at a later date, you'll get what I mean when you read it. I'll change the name to something else later down the line.
————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hell was a lavish place, that is if you don't mind the heat. Such a refreshing place the world was when I was living, but alas, staying down here isn't so bad.

Ahh, the time to be alive, too bad I'll never live again. Gets me remembering what got me here in the first place. My fury is still fresh in my bones.

I believe my name was Koschei, I think that's it. I was once a dark wizard, one of the very last ones.

My memory has gotten a little hazy, but I can still remember some things perfectly. That's right, I was called a [Demi-Human], from the [Night Wolf Clan].

I was born with a crescent moon on my head, the only one other than the elder to have one. The normal one was the full moon, but the new moon sigil was a little rarer.

We once had pelts black as the night, with shapes of white, like the night sky. That's why they slaughtered us.

I tried to fend them off with what the elder taught me, the art of raising the dead. But there were just too powerful, heroes they were called if I remember correctly.

Even though we were one of the stronger wolf clans, we were completely annihilated. There was no chance for us, even after I did the horrible act of raising my own.

I still remember the fight.

.......

A lone wolfman stood among a sea of blood, being mixed in with the dark rains. His panting was obvious, his tiredness leaking.

He was the last line of defense before they reached the defenseless part of the clan. He planned to not go down without lasting a good fight.

On the other side of the field, were seven cloaked figures, their cloaks colored crimson from the blood. They laughed, "Only you? You all are weak." the closest one to the wolfman said.

"I. Must. Not. Lose." the wolfman said, "The tides of fate are pitying you, rise before your new leader. In this newfound power, you will fight with me 'till our final breath. Rise for me! [Raise Undead]" he chanted effortlessly as if he understood the language of magic itself.

The corpses of the other fallen wolfmen rose from the soaked earth. All the other six gasped except the leader, he only laughed.

"A necromancer huh, didn't think they had one of them," he said as he ran forward, sword in hand. The necromancer did the same, claws ready for action.

They clashed in the middle, claws holding up against sword. They looked each other in the eye and then bounced off each other.

The other 6 stayed behind and watched, cheering on the hero. The exhausted wolfman didn't hold up too much of a fight for him, but he tried his best.

"I won't. Lose!" the necromancer shouted. "With the power of the dark, the shadows of the night, and the shining crescent moon, I ask for your power. Heed my call and give me what I desire, to defeat my foes. I desire power!" he yelled into the night.

"Now-" the wolfman lost his breath. "You talk too much." the hero said as he twisted his blade deeper into the wolf's stomach.

He felt a world of pain, but he still grabbed the hero's arm. "Fool," he said as he cursed them all.

The curse of vengeance, one which will be passed on generation after generation. He laughed as he felt his body grow heavy.

The hero shrugged him off and withdrew the blade from him. The wolfman fell back, dying in his own pool of blood.

"Heh, The dying shadows of fate drag me down, as I will inflict to you too. Feel what I am suffering now; suffer with me as well. [Pain Split]" the wolfman whispered.

The hero's face crumpled up, although he didn't fall. The necromancer lifted himself up, he staggered back and clawed forward. The hero jumped back.

The hero grasped his sword hard and swung forward, it seemed as he was unused to the pain. The wolfman smiled and clawed forward again, using a combo attack this time.

This time it connected, and it drew blood, lots of it. He had struck pretty close to the heart. But by this time the healer had finished her spell.

The hero was surrounded by white light, fully healed. The hero grinned.

The wolfman backed away too late. He was sent crashing down with a horizontal gash on his torso. He landed on his knees.

"Disgusting creatures." he last heard as he felt himself drift away from the life he could have had. He felt gravity take him down, to rest dead on the ground.

........

When I had awoken, I was already here. Man, it could have been better.

Being an [Elder Lich] isn't so bad. I think I've had enough time down here, it's about time I hunt them down.

Time for me to shine one last time, my revenge.