Chapter 28: Restoration

Sorry guys, I kinda published it right before it was done. This is now the complete version.
______________________________________

The early morning dew set and the birds chirped, singing their hearts out. The bugs scurried over each other, getting to their favorite fauna. The air was filled with an earthy aroma of the dew-covered plants.

I leisurely opened my eyes, taking it all in. If it was going to be like this every morning, I wouldn't wish to ever leave.

I felt content; it was perfect. There was nothing I could have possibly desired more than that very moment.

A warm presence was clinging to my side, breathing in a familiar, tranquil rhythm.

I turned slightly and saw Luna's peaceful face, fast asleep. I didn't dare to move, I let her rest to her own accord.

I surveyed the ceiling and reflected on everything there was to think about. My past, my potential future, my goals, and how I felt about them,

I laid there for a solid 10 minutes until I heard a small yawn. I moved slightly and gazed into her warm and sleepy emerald eyes. "Good morning," I spoke softly as I moved my arm around her.

"Good morning~," she whispered back. She hugged me tighter. "Careful, you might just kill me." I joked as I stroked her head lightly.

"As if," she softly said as she buried her head into my chest. I felt our heartbeats slow with each passing second.

There was a small pause of silence before I decided to break it.

"You know, I was thinking, why am I continuing this journey? Why don't we just settle down here, there's nothing really out there for us. This moment could never end." I told her.

She looked up at me, "You're enjoying this, I can see that, but don't forget what they did to you."

"I'd never forget."

"If you don't want to destroy them anymore, I will, for you." a dancing flame burned in her eyes, without flicker. It captivated me, drawing a smile to my face. "Who said I didn't want to destroy them?" my fire reinvigorated. I lightly kissed her head and held her close for as long as I could.

I wished it could last forever.

"I'm hungry," Luna said out of the blue.

.....

We got ready and headed downstairs to the base of the castle. A majority of the followers had already woken up and were aimlessly wandering and having small chit chatter. I called them to formation but they just stared at me.

"We're going to finish what we started here! If you guys speedrun this, you'll all get breakfast on me." I called the followers to action. Some grumbled a bit.

"There's no time to complain, there's work to do." I rallied with little support.

"Do it or there's no food," I said but only a few reluctantly began to finish cleaning from yesterday.

A cloaked figure rose from the crowd and took off his hood, it was Garven.

"Uhh, Mister, do you mind if I do it?" Garven sheepishly asked with his head bowed down. "Go ahead," I said as I stepped back.

Garven stepped up, cleared his throat, and mumbled something to himself for a few seconds. When he began talking, he spoke at a slower pace, but his voice was still booming with confidence and power. "We, the Hands Of The Shade, have been through much hardship to get where we currently stand. I don't like this any more than you do, but we were bested at our own game. How can we call ourselves the best if we were beaten by a man in a towel." The crowd began to murmur.