Chapter 12: Floor 78 - God Fragment?

Over 700 reads, almost 1k ....

Floor 78-

"I feel a strong power on this floor, it blinds out all other souls to me." Cat said. I sighed, I couldn't tell anything either. "It's dark ..." Aaron said. Blind and in the dark. Fun.

"[Light Orb]" I said, making sure not to burn everyone's eyes. A basketball sized ball of light appeared and lit of our way. But from the untellable distance, I could have sworn I heard a rattle and a ghostly moan. I pushed the thought out of my head. 'I'm invincible, right? It's not like a ghost could hurt me ..... right?' We moved forward into the dark.

*Rattle rattle* The sounds of chains scrapping the floor grew louder the farther we went. At this point we couldn't tell were either pair of stairs was. We were basically lost.

"I'm scared." Aaron said, as he hugged my side. I pat him on the head, "It's all going to be okay.". As I comforted him I comforted myself too. A moan appeared to grow closer and louder. I handed Aaron to Cat.

"[Darkness Sense]" I said, looking in the direction of the moan. "There's nothing there ..." I said before the moan was whispered behind me, directly next to my ear. I stayed quiet. 'IM INVINCIBLE. IM INVINCIBLE. IM INVINCIBLE. IM INVINCIBLE. IM INVINCIBLE! IT'S ALL IN MY HEAD, DON'T PANIC. DON'T PANIC' I panicked inside my head to try distract me from it all.

"Are you afraid?" something whispered behind me. It sounded feminine, but it was different than Cat's voice. I looked around me and realized Cat and Aaron were gone. "Are you afraid?" it asked again.

"No" I lied, hoping it to all end. "Lies, I hate liars." it whispered. I closed my eyes. "Trying to shut me out? I'll always be here anyway." It whispered, I could hear it's slight crackling.

"W-who are y-you?" I shook. A chill went up my spine, "That is not important for you right now, but you are important to me." it whispered. At that point I just guessed it talked in whispers. "The better question is, who are you?" it asked. "Who am I???" I asked. "Yes, who are you?".

I thought about it for a second. "I'm a person." I said. "No no no, you're more that that," It said, "Much much more!". "Than what exactly am I?" I asked, waiting for an unclear answer. "You are human yet what I am too." It said. "And what would that be? A ghost?" I said with a dash of sass. "Stronger, a [Phantom], the strongest type in fact.".

"[Phantom]? What do you mean?" I asked. "I'm not a ghost or dead, am I?".

"You are not dead, just slightly. You can die but not die, as ghosts and phantoms cannot die, but mortals can. You are a mix between us two, an odd being, so may I ask next, why are you here?" It spoke.

"To get stronger. To have my revenge." I said with pride.

"And why accomplish that? You cannot grow if that is only in your sight, such as a bird cannot fly with just one wing. You're the strongest type of [Phantom] there is. A lord of the dead, and with a goal even the most simple of ghosts have.". It whispered deep into my ear, leaving it to resonate inside my head.

"Show yourself!" I yelled deep into the darkness. The voice stayed silent. The sound of metal chains being dragged along the ground that had stopped, began once again. It grew louder and louder, and as it did, I panicked more and more. You could say I was afraid of ghosts.

Something stepped into the light, a person-like leg. I recognized the thing that stepped into the light, the goddess of light, Pulara. The statues were identical, who knew.

"Have pity on this phantom form of mine. I lost my place in the God Plains when I tried to kill my idiot brother, and with the remaining power left within me, I created the monsters that roam the lands in many worlds, your world was safe because of your [Phantom], a [Grim Reaper]. I am only a fellow phantom of my former self." Pulara said. "And what does that have to do with us?" I asked. "You are the offspring of him." she said.

"So you're saying that my dad's a grim reaper?" I asked, puzzled by the revelation. "No, you have it's blood, but its of the 4th livehood (generation).".

"So that's why I have this class?" I stared deep into the darkness to clear my mind. "Yes, Clover gave it to you, but I do not know why." she stated. "Clover?"I asked, confused on another name. "God of Fate, he prefers to go by Mr.Clove however. He is a pathetic lower god but he has enough power to be next to my vile brother." she said with a bitter, cold tone.

"That's... harsh." I said. "You must be honored to meet me, a very powerful god." Pulara smiled. "Goddess of Light, High God, supposedly lazy-" I said before I got rudely interrupted. "I AM NOT LAZY! My brother always bothered me about being 'lazy'. I am not lazy." she yelled out into the darkness. "I never said being lazy was a bad thing.".

"But-"

"I was a bit lazy when I was on Earth, which reminds me of something. Why did you summon us?" I asked out of actual curiosity.

"I did not summon you or your friends, they prayed to the god of demons, which is odd.".

"But that means-"

"I felt Clover's power on this world in Rainsom (Spring), but it is now Sunsom (Summer) and I still feel a lot of power flowing from you."

"How exactly?"

"God Fragments ... 3 of Death, 3 of Fate, and 3 of Darkness ..." she said and looked down. "Since you already harbour God Fragments, can you have mine?" she asked and kept looking down.

"Uhh what does it do?" I asked. "It boosts your strength, and allows to gain special powers from it, only a select few get my God Fragments."

"Side effects?" I asked, checking the contents of the contract. "You level up slower ... but please have my Fragment." she said with a desperate tone.

"Why should I do that?"

"So you could help me find other Fragments of me to put me back together." she blushed. "It's not like I had a choice to become fragmented. W-what are you looking at, idiot." she said trying to hide the fact that she blushed.

"So if I don't take it?"

"You can never leave this floor, your companions will look for you forever, and you will stay with me for all eternity." she gave a heartwarming smile but my gut told me to run away.

"Deal?". Pulara grabbed arm and hugged it. "My head is in a mess, I have not seen anyone in a very long time.".

"Are you sure you want to bestow a quest like that to me?" I asked. "Yes, I feel that you are trustworthy. Even if you were to betray me somehow, I would smite you down." she said with an evil smile.

"Alright, I'll carry your Fragment." I said and she let go of my arm. She touched my chest, in the heart area and a light appeared. She slowly entered her hand into it and slowly but surely she was absorbed into it.

Pulara's voice appeared inside my head. "It was a success, thank you for having me." she said and I passed out.

......

I groaned as I sat up, my head hurt like hell. I looked down to find Cat and Aaron laying on my legs. I shook them awake.

"You just passed out, just like that. What happened?" Cat asked me. "I don't remember." I lied to change the subject.

"After 5 minutes of you being out, the lights just returned like it was never dark. We thought you had went to turn on the lights." she said as she hugged me. "I thought you may have left me." she looked into my eyes, she looked like she was about to cry.

"I won't."

"The soul power just suddenly vanished, was that also your doing?"

"Yes it was. Let's head down to the next floor, this one is empty." I said and Cat looked at me weirdly. "How did you know that?" she asked with a detective's gaze. "Gut feeling." I said as I got up and walked in a direction that led to the stairs, even though I never knew it was there.